Would a 60 amp ESC be good enough for rustler2wd/slash2wd?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
What are you running for lipos? i might need to get a max10 soon just almost submerged my vxl3s in the water
I have all 2s lipos so 2s. Might buy a 3s maybe but sticking with 2 for now.
The reason I went with the sct was 1 the weight of the trucks and 2 it can do 4s

If your tires are bigger diameter, make sure to monitor your motor temps. You may need to step down a tooth or two on the pinion to compensate.

If it gets close to 160°F, you're pushing your luck.

I got a 14tooth pinion for when I put on the monster tires and the stock 16 for the streets.

I would put THIS combo in it.
Not a huge fan of the Sidewinder series escs Castle really gimped the becs in them 5v @2a. Even the Hobbywing 10BL50 has a 6v 3a bec in it. It's almost like they are forcing people to have to buy their external becs. The Max10 imho is a much better esc than the Sidewinder is. If you are going to go Castle you are better off going with the Mamba series escs over the Sidewinder.

Not a huge fan of the Sidewinder series escs Castle really gimped the becs in them 5v @2a. Even the Hobbywing 10BL50 has a 6v 3a bec in it. It's almost like they are forcing people to have to buy their external becs. The Max10 imho is a much better esc than the Sidewinder is. If you are going to go Castle you are better off going with the Mamba series escs over the Sidewinder.
You can get a variable voltage (5/6/7.4v) 8A BEC for $18 or just upgrade to the Copperhead combo although thats gonna cost ya an extra $50 instead of $18 🤷‍♂️

I run Castle 10A BECs on a lot of my kits anyway. I dont like putting any additional strain on my ESC that I dont have to. I mean If I have an oversized ESC in a kit that I know isnt getting taxed very hard then I'll forego the External BEC but usually I like to run them.

You can get a variable voltage (5/6/7.4v) 8A BEC for $18 or just upgrade to the Copperhead combo although thats gonna cost ya an extra $50 instead of $18 🤷‍♂️

I run Castle 10A BECs on a lot of my kits anyway. I dont like putting any additional strain on my ESC that I dont have to. I mean If I have an oversized ESC in a kit that I know isnt getting taxed very hard then I'll forego the External BEC but usually I like to run them.
I keep forgetting about the Copperhead. I might go that route in the Rusty.

Either the orginal combo I listed plus a good variable voltage ESC like the Castle 10A one or just get the Copperhead ESC and 3800kV motor combo.