Would a 60 amp ESC be good enough for rustler2wd/slash2wd?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

DavidB1126

RCNT Champion
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
If your tires are bigger diameter, make sure to monitor your motor temps. You may need to step down a tooth or two on the pinion to compensate.

If it gets close to 160°F, you're pushing your luck.

Slick2500

RCNT Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I would put THIS combo in it.
Not a huge fan of the Sidewinder series escs Castle really gimped the becs in them 5v @2a. Even the Hobbywing 10BL50 has a 6v 3a bec in it. It's almost like they are forcing people to have to buy their external becs. The Max10 imho is a much better esc than the Sidewinder is. If you are going to go Castle you are better off going with the Mamba series escs over the Sidewinder.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Not a huge fan of the Sidewinder series escs Castle really gimped the becs in them 5v @2a. Even the Hobbywing 10BL50 has a 6v 3a bec in it. It's almost like they are forcing people to have to buy their external becs. The Max10 imho is a much better esc than the Sidewinder is. If you are going to go Castle you are better off going with the Mamba series escs over the Sidewinder.
You can get a variable voltage (5/6/7.4v) 8A BEC for $18 or just upgrade to the Copperhead combo although thats gonna cost ya an extra $50 instead of $18 🤷‍♂️

I run Castle 10A BECs on a lot of my kits anyway. I dont like putting any additional strain on my ESC that I dont have to. I mean If I have an oversized ESC in a kit that I know isnt getting taxed very hard then I'll forego the External BEC but usually I like to run them.

Slick2500

RCNT Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
You can get a variable voltage (5/6/7.4v) 8A BEC for $18 or just upgrade to the Copperhead combo although thats gonna cost ya an extra $50 instead of $18 🤷‍♂️

I run Castle 10A BECs on a lot of my kits anyway. I dont like putting any additional strain on my ESC that I dont have to. I mean If I have an oversized ESC in a kit that I know isnt getting taxed very hard then I'll forego the External BEC but usually I like to run them.
I keep forgetting about the Copperhead. I might go that route in the Rusty.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Either the orginal combo I listed plus a good variable voltage ESC like the Castle 10A one or just get the Copperhead ESC and 3800kV motor combo.