WOT at start up....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morpheus

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Unfortunantly, I've been out of the hobby for about a year now. It was mainly because I traded my ninja 600 in for a liter bike, and that sorta took me off of Nitro. Been riding the bike ALOT the past year! Anyway, I just recently started working for a dealership that sells motorcycles, ATV's, UTV's and water craft, in fact the same place I bought both my 600 and my liter bike. Anyway, those guys up at the shop all started getting into electric RC just a few weeks ago, now everyone has an electric car or truck, therefore getting me interested in getting my Nitro rigs going again. Here's the scoop. I have a Traxxas 2.5 rig, and a Traxxas 3.3 rig, both T-Maxx's. The 2.5 I've kept up and running, even when I wasn't playing with it, I've always tried to crank it up once a month and run a quarter tank of gas through it. My 3.3, I blew the motor about a year ago, and Traxxas sent me another one, and that motor is STILL sitting in the factory box it came in, just never had the motivation to install the motor, etc. Here's my dilemma....I've cranked up my 2.5 at least once a month for the past year, and have always done my after run maintenance when I got done, NEVER missed a lick. Well, tonight, I cranked it up for the first time in about 4 and half weeks, and right off the bat, it hit WOT. The batteries are fresh, so fresh, I changed them out earlier today. It cranked up with no problem, as soon as it started, WOT!!!! The gas is about a year old or more, but I've always kept the seal super tight, and in the house under one of our kitchen cabinets. Having said that, what would be the first thing yall would check/do??? I have to option to bring it to the hobbie shop up the road, but was wondering what my options were before I went there. Could it be bad gas??? Bad batteries maybe?? The servos are quick, the steering is sharp and crisp, like brand new batteries should be, I'm at a total loss, what do yall think? Thanks.

T.

I'm not sure whats up with the "wot" but my XXX NT has done that and It put a nice burn blister on my finger trying to stop it with the flywheel. I may not be up to date but when you trade your bike for a liter what is a liter. I am a HD man and apparently missing something. I've been going to change the fluids in my Roadking for the last 2 weekends but its got cold here in kalamazoo and something always comes up to deter me from getting my bike out. It will take up most of my time but I'm going to make time for my car. Good luck figuring it out and keep your bike upright.

I would check the throttle trim on your radio, and make sure that the throttle linkage is centered on the servo (while the receiver and radio are on).

Take the air filter off make sure the carb is opening and closing correctly for starters.

Last edited:
liter bike, just another term for a 1000cc bike. I checked everything yall said, and all is well. Prolly take it in and see if they can do something with it. I can't understand why it's doing that. Usually if it does that, its the batteries in the servos. Gonna replace the batteries again, just to rule out the possibilities of bad batteries. Thanks

T.

Thanks for the liter info and I know its about time for me to get new batteries. I havnt bought rechargeables yet. Good luck on your 1000cc rocket.

Roadkill

Roadkill, originally, you said you had the same problem with one of your rigs, what was the problem, and what did you do to fix it? Maybe I'll have the same issue, and it'll be a quick fix. Thanks

T.

I'm not sure. I gave up for a few days until my freind came over. I started it and it didnt do it anymore. He tuned it a little and all is good. I think it was just sticking a little. Wish I could help more.

Roadkill