Woo hoo! Spent the afternoon breaking in my new Losi 8IGHT!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptrthgr8

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Spent a big chunk of today following Botajell's engine break-in procedure on my recently acquired Losi 8IGHT buggy. The engine started easily and ran flawlessly with each tank. I used VP Racing's Golden Break-in fuel and it seemed to work nicely enough. (Not that I'd really know one way or another since I'm a noob and all.) And I may have drank a few Half Brothers Brewing Co's Orange Dream. They're a great local brewery and it was perfect for hanging out on the patio listening to the Dynamite .21 do its thing. Cheers!

20210724_135750.jpg

20210724_171447.jpg

Ha! I had to Google the name because I had no idea who he is. Maybe if I was a world class racing driver I might find his break-in service useful... but since I'm not, well, I suppose I'm doing alright. :) Cheers!

Spent a big chunk of today following Botajell's engine break-in procedure on my recently acquired Losi 8IGHT buggy. The engine started easily and ran flawlessly with each tank. I used VP Racing's Golden Break-in fuel and it seemed to work nicely enough. (Not that I'd really know one way or another since I'm a noob and all.) And I may have drank a few Half Brothers Brewing Co's Orange Dream. They're a great local brewery and it was perfect for hanging out on the patio listening to the Dynamite .21 do its thing. Cheers!

View attachment 130083

View attachment 130084

Zaaahhh....9 second pulls babeee!... :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: .....:thumbs-up:

Ha! I had to Google the name because I had no idea who he is. Maybe if I was a world class racing driver I might find his break-in service useful... but since I'm not, well, I suppose I'm doing alright. :) Cheers!
lol, I was just making fun of the fact that in some forums (not so much this one) you'll find people who are like "OMG if you didnt use XYZ break in method you did it wrong!". Personally I'm not a break in method snob. As long as ya break it in somehow it will be great :)

Gratz tho fr... I'm sure you'll have a blast with that kit. :)

Back