WL Toys 124019, having problems with transmitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IzzyRC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, I just got into the hobby and bought myself a wltoys 124019 from bangood. Really disappointed because right out of the box, the transmitter wouldn't connect and when it finally did it wouldn't go forward or backward. I think the servo works when I use the transmitter because it moves the wheel side to side but it will not go forward or reverse when I pull the throttle trigger. It only moves forward when I turn the ST TRIM to the right and backwards when I turn it left. Can someone help me out, I would really appreciate the help. I also posted a Youtube link on the issue. Thank you everyone!

First I'd check your manuel if there's a way to reset your ESC/reciever. Then I'd start with setting your trim knob dead center turn truck on. Then try all the way right then turn truck on, make sure you have it off the ground in case it takes off. Check all your wires/connections from the motor and servo also. If still nothing I'd look on YouTube for similar issues and possible fixes. Unfortunately being a cheaper rig and bought off banggood trying to get a replacement might be a bit of a headache. If all else fails I'd request a refund as the cheap ESC/transmitter combo is probably faulty.

If it's a huge pain and nothing works out I've got a WLtoys ESC/reciever from a 144001 that worked fine and I don't use that's the same in your rig. You cover shipping and $5 and it's yours, I'll also toss in a replacement servo in case yours fails you'd have an extra?

Hello all, I just got into the hobby and bought myself a wltoys 124019 from bangood. Really disappointed because right out of the box, the transmitter wouldn't connect and when it finally did it wouldn't go forward or backward. I think the servo works when I use the transmitter because it moves the wheel side to side but it will not go forward or reverse when I pull the throttle trigger. It only moves forward when I turn the ST TRIM to the right and backwards when I turn it left. Can someone help me out, I would really appreciate the help. I also posted a Youtube link on the issue. Thank you everyone!

Look in the manual for how to rebind the radio and receiver, as well as how to set end points. I would start there, and if that dont work, then it is either a bad radio, or a bad receiver. This may be a dumb question, but is the battery fully charged?

First I'd check your manuel if there's a way to reset your ESC/reciever. Then I'd start with setting your trim knob dead center turn truck on. Then try all the way right then turn truck on, make sure you have it off the ground in case it takes off. Check all your wires/connections from the motor and servo also. If still nothing I'd look on YouTube for similar issues and possible fixes. Unfortunately being a cheaper rig and bought off banggood trying to get a replacement might be a bit of a headache. If all else fails I'd request a refund as the cheap ESC/transmitter combo is probably faulty.
Thanks for the reply but nothing worked. I tried youtube and couldn't find anything either. I will go brushless instead and I also requested a refund.

Look in the manual for how to rebind the radio and receiver, as well as how to set end points. I would start there, and if that dont work, then it is either a bad radio, or a bad receiver. This may be a dumb question, but is the battery fully charged?
The battery was fully charged but nothing seemed to work, oh well. I'm just going brushless. Thank you though!

going brushless will not fix your malfunctioning radio unless you replace all electronics on that rc except the battery. radio receiver steering servo radio..all