Will a metal pipe make any difference in terms of performance?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:D lmao

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Scale Builder
i recently did a bb conversion on my Traxxas Revo, but the performance was poor due to the stock exhaust being too restrictive.
So i decided to buy another pipe. But my budget is pretty limited. So should I save up and get a metal one or just or straight up for a plastic pipe?

I always like aluminum. I think most if not all plastic are factory or quiet. The more important thing is shape and the inside.

I know the traxxas 2 piece pipe, I took the baffle out of the middle. That baffle had tiny holes on a cone shape.

My hpi Aluminum pipe has an aluminum wall with larger holes. It was a little louder and a little better performance on my 3.3, and more noticeable on my .15.

From my understanding, bb and sb pipes may be swapable, but they wont work well.

What engine is this?

Last edited:

Hpi86110
Well I'm thinking of getting this one.​

Don't really know if it will make that big of a difference compared to the pipe I'm running now....

As long as its a tuned pipe it shouldnt matter whether its metal or plastic afaik. Not all tuned pipes are created equal though. Sometimes a tuned pipe that works really well with one engine may have lackluster performance with another engine.

I always like aluminum. I think most if not all plastic are factory or quiet. The more important thing is shape and the inside.

I know the traxxas 2 piece pipe, I took the baffle out of the middle. That baffle had tiny holes on a cone shape.

My hpi Aluminum pipe has an aluminum wall with larger holes. It was a little louder and a little better performance on my 3.3, and more noticeable on my .15.

From my understanding, bb and sb pipes may be swapable, but they wont work well.

What engine is this?
Sh.28 p8 It's a 8 port

The exhaust are made fo

Hpi86110​

Well I'm thinking of getting this one.​

Don't really know if it will make that big of a difference compared to the pipe I'm running now....
Ok so like @Greywolf74 said the material plastic or metal really doesn't make a difference. I prefer metal personally. But the header and the pipe it self does make a difference. Got a article for you to read threw. And a video with Adam drake. That explains using the header and the pipe to tune your nitro.. pretty cool video..here both hope these will help you the Adam drake video is pretty interesting.👍👍

https://hpisavagex46.wordpress.com/...n-and-are-dual-exhausts-good-for-your-rc-car/

Back