Wild Ferret Buggies...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGod

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Wind Hobby Ferret Buggies...

Anyone else have one of these guys? I just scored everything in this pic for $120 shipped. 3 RTR Buggies, 1 near complete, 7 batteries, some chargers, some extra servos... I read good things about these before I pulled the trigger. I figure they will be PERFECT for the wife and my 3 year old to bash in the yard with....and have 2 parts cars when they break.

Last edited:
Wow! That's amazing that you can score that much stuff for so little cash. Good luck with them. Have you found any place on-line where you can get parts. I've never heard of those.

I've read elsewhere that some frankensteining can help find parts for them. Soem MiniT parts fit...some trinity Next parts fit....and I think there were a few other models as well. I read a HUGE thread I found elsewhere about these little suckers before I pulled the trigger. While they aren't as good as the mainstream rigs....they do seem to hold up pretty OK for the price. I guess Micro Center had them brand new for $50 after X-Mas in 07 and TONS of guy scoffed em up. They retailed for $149.99 each X-Mas 07. So I figure these will be GREAT for my kid and wife to bash around with in the front yard. I even got one in there for me so we can all drive the same car.

I'll report more info when I get em in my hand and see how they are...but watched some vids and they looked pretty decent. I mean for $34 (divided by 3.5 since the 4th isn't complete) a car it's REALLY hard to pass up. lol All those batteries will work in my RC18T as well.

They are 1/16th scale as well...so not too small and not too big ;-)

Here is the HUGE thread I found on RCU: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6883283/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Last edited:
Well I dunno about major since they are cheapie cars, but my kid will be happy. He has 4 chances to have MAJOR wrecks and daddy can still fix it. hahaha I did find the new 1/16th Wind Hobby Buggy somewhere for $99 RTR though....so I guess it is a pretty good score when you look at it that way, but not as good as say 4 RC18Ts for $120 shipped ;-)

They were on rctech.net for awhile....so I figured no one wanted em. He cut me a bit better of a deal than he had posted....and I went for it. We'll see how they go when they get here! Parcel Post sucks.....

What batteries are those? Looks to be a bunch of lipos.

1100mah NiMH I believe. Nothing too special ;-) If they happen to be Lipos then it would be a MAJOR score, but I doubt it.

nope, not lipo, just looked like them at first, but then i saw the cell bumps.

I got these suckers in today and WOW are they nice! Probably not the best buddies on the planet, but there all in mint to near mint condition. Pretty quick for a cheapo car too. Came with AM radio setups, and a PILE of batteries with chargers. My 3 year old is SUPER stoked about it too. He drove a few of them tonight, and these suckers will be awesome with a few hops ups. I think I'll hop one up for Mommy and leave my son's stock. lol

If you want a cool little basher...find one of these guys! I'm super impressed so far. Especially if they sold for $50 at some point in time.