wifi on my tv question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Is there any thing available that I can use to get WiFi on my tv without using my ps3 or pc? I'm talking cheap too. Want to get netflix streaming in a room that I have a router but nothing else. And no my tv doesn't have WiFi.

I'm using a D Link wireless adapter for my pc but not sure if will work on a TV being you can't load the program using the disk.

Never heard of those, google here I come.

I just got a WD TV Live for $99 at Best Buy. It does Netflix, Hulu+, VUDU, YouTube and a bunch of others. It can also play movies you rip to disk as it has DLNA capability (streaming from a server in your home) and 2 USB inputs. WiFi and Ethernet are built in and it has HDMI and Composite video outputs.

A lot of blue ray players have that as well. I have 2 LG BD550's I use for streaming netflix (living room and bedroom). Fairly cheap these days. Not so cheap when I bought them.
http://www.amazon.com/LG-BD550-Network-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B0036WT1WC#productDetails

You can probably find a cheaper one that streams netflix. Very simple to setup/use.

What stinks though is that my PS3 will stream some of netflix with 5.1 sound. My DVD players won't, only stereo. So I have to use dolby PLII to get simulated surround when streaming. I'd rather do that than burn hours and hours on my PS3 watching netflix. The PS3 cost 3 times that of my BR players... figured I'd put the uptime on the cheaper pieces.

Last edited:
Can get a new roku for $50. Might try that route.

Back