wich 2.4 radio to buy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiles679

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm looking to upgrade my radio for my savage x 4.6. and brushless slash, I'm just a backyard basher but want to upgrade my radios dont want anything to complicated but something that will give me some range. any sugestions would be appreciated

i m a spektrum owner, and have bought a cpl of them, never had issues with them. give me a good range and service is top+ recently had antenna cables replaced, they didnt even charge me 1 cent.

i have had dx2 dx 2.0 and 2 x dx 3.0 and all of them were and the 3.0 still is a great remote.

I have an Airtronics M-11 for ground frequencies, and recently I've been looking to upgrade my 4 aircraft radios to one 2.4.
It will definitely be the Spektrum DX-7.

I am a Futaba guy myself. I have a 3PM and a 3PKS, both are 2.4 FASST. But I also have an Airtronics M8 that is 2.4, seems to be pretty good. I am not a fan of Spektrum I have "personally seen" too many bad glitches and failures that have caused the loss of an aircraft or vehicle. I don't get the warn fuzzy felling with them that I do with Futaba or Normadio. I have had top notch customer service with Futaba when I needed a receiver replaced.

i agree with Joey on the glitches and stuff...I've seen it happen to a guy i know in canada with his DX3S....Had a runaway and his RS4 was in pieces....

I am a Futaba guy also. Top notch quality and they will never fail on you.

I'd recommend the 3PM FASST....Very reliable and has so many features to use! Great for the money! Oh and the range you can get with it is insane...lol.

Last edited:
I am also another Futaba guy. However, I jumped on the Spektrum bandwagon well before Futaba came out with the FASST system. If I were in the market now I'd certainly go with the FASST system rather than Spektrum. I havn't had any major issues with my Spektrum stuff but I just have a lot of faith in Futaba products

I have a DX3s and a Futaba 4PK. Both give me great range and trouble free operation. I'm sure the lower models from Futaba give same quality and I have no trouble recommending it.

Last edited:
Yup, that's the one. It is really an amazing radio. On a clear day I can also get HBO and several ShoTime channels. :D

just picked up a dx3s and i love it great range no problems at all

I have had both the Spektrum DX 3.0 and DX 3s. I would recommend them. The only thing to remember is that when you bind them make sure you have the fail-safe position set on the TX before binding.

I have an MX-3 FHSS 2.4g system from Airtronics and it is an excellent radio. I get farther range than I can see and NEVER have any glitches or problems. The menu nav structure is ridiculously easy to use and it has 18 model memory. It's also priced lower than any other system at $150.

If I ever have to buy a new radio I'll definitely buy the same one again.

Back