Why this forum ? Why not one of the others?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
I am NOT out to hurt anyone's feelings or say anybody is wrong in what they have to say or how they feel.But I'm a little lost the past few months and with some multiple resent posts. That don't have anything to do with RC or any type of RC. But try to make other people look or seem like bad people.. So I know I joined for the simple fact that I LOVE RC. Doesn't matter what type of RC. Ground/air/water/robotics doesn't matter to me. I joined RCtalk because for the yrs I've read and read all these forums to help find answers to problems. That I have to step back from and find another way/opinion. And out of all the forum I must say her at RCtalk. There's got to be the most diverse group of guys/people. With the most insight , opinions, and yrs of knowledge on the web. With out any sort of one sided minded people. That are not hung up on only one RC company or one style of driven or flying or boating or anything one sided. Yes you always have people that like one more then the other. It's opinion/ preference As you do in life no matter what its about/ topic thats life in general period. I love the fact you can openly say what / how you feel or state your opinion with out someone ripping into what RC you have or looking to buy/ build . All alot of good guys in here always willing to talk RC anytime of day. Weather it's day or night nitro or electric you will find them here. To help you in anyway they can or know how too. They just want to talk RC period. That's why I joined after yrs of reading a Few month ago. And have talked to a lot of very knowledgeable RC nuts enthusiasts like my self. This forum has got to be the best RC forum for open minded none fan boy RC nuts. Thank you for creating this awesome diverse place for all of us RC nuts. Sorry but just wanted to throw it out there. As it seems some people don't understand as to why it's CALLED RCTALK.COM. hope I didn't say anything and hurt your feeling didn't say this to do so. I'm just trying to understand. Maybe I'm the only one and that's OK. No worries or regrets putting this out there. Hope no one is a fended by this post.
Thank you
StonerRC365

Well, if you hurt my feelings you wouldn't know it until I TP'd your house! 🤣

Seriously, well stated. :thumbs-up:
lol @Doom!

I have been on other forums too, and I love that I found this one. Lots of great folks here. As far as the off-topic stuff, all forums have a general forum where anything goes. I assume that is what you are referring to with the random chit chat that goes on in there. I think I know what you are referring to actually 😉

I try not to get wrapped up in personal chit unless I see I can input something that might help. Other than that I just glance over a thread and move on.

I agree. I used to frequent rcuniverse and they were like high-school cliques if you didn't like this one thing they didn't like you. I love this forum overall and I finally feel I belong somewhere. This is my rc family on here and it feels good

I am also a member of those other forums ,some of those folks over there ,have the worst kind of ego
that mankind has to offer!... :hehe:
Anyone here thinks they got a mental issue ,be my guess an go over there with it!..:hehe::hehe::hehe:

This forum here is more sanely friendly!...:cheers:

I totally get the off topic talk. That's fine thats what general chaos title means. I post up there all the time it's a good general place to get your post read and have meet and talked to alot of you from that general discussion forum. Men need to vent and talk BS about sh*t in general also that has nothing to do with RC .Who else is there to vent to are wifes LOL NO Disrespect to any of them But they don't want to here about RC well my don't I get told to go back in garage thats great. But when there's post about understanding people and how they don't like me. And don't make no sense in anything they have to say. And everyone here tries to understand and help. Even in private conversation with people. And after you say thanks but that person was kinda beating around the Bush and mean and calling people out because they don't understand just as I don't. You know what I mean🤔🤔. That is what I ment by not RC related. Sorry but I am willing to try and help in anyway I can about RC. I love them little guys. But I can't help anyone fix society. PEOPLE SUCK. That's why I'm glad to find all of you here it seems like you all are well rounded individuals from all walks of life. From the dirt of a job site to the office people and maybe stupid rich people no afence .and you all have thick skin and can take someone saying your wrong. and are still willing to help to the best of your knowledge.weather it's electric or nitro. Dirt air or water And thats awesome. like others say the other forums online SUCK. To much ego and FANBOY attitude for me thanks but no thanks. Sorry to rant just trying to hear what other members perceptive were on or about this forum. You can go ahead and TP my house no worries. I would laugh my ass off when I left for work at 5am. And light it all on fire easier to get off the trees. I got a hose LOL Thanks guys needed to say what I said sorry don't mean no harm good bunch of guys here we are one big happy RC family awe LOL

Well, had to re-evaluate the whole TP thing, I forgot these days it's a precious commodity. 😁 Might have to switch to the classic burning bag of dog poop on the front porch trick. 🤣

Well, had to re-evaluate the whole TP thing, I forgot these days it's a precious commodity. 😁 Might have to switch to the classic burning bag of dog poop on the front porch
Very true 👍 with that said my wife will be pist at me if I burned it all and not roll it back up on to a stick or something LOL

I wonder how many have added me to their ignore list on that other forum. I've pissed in a few cheerios...

I wonder that myself sometimes, I know I tend to be a wise guy, I'm sure it probably irritates some folks. But it's who I am, and lifes too short to be serious.

@Pat_ranch they should know not to mess with someone who's garage looks like a butcher shop! I always look forward to your posts. 👍

I got banned from the Toyz Forums back in the day before I started hanging out here. They banned me because I asked to many questions and I got pissed off when one of the mods replied to one of my questions with "Just go google it". I was like if I could have found what I needed by googling it then I wouldnt be here asking you about it. I can remember one time they got mad at me because I made two separate posts, One asking about soldering in general and one asking about soldering pots. I was like well to me theyre two different questions about 2 different things and even though they both have to do with soldering I didnt want one question to get lost in the shuffle with a bunch of answers to the other question. At the end of it right before I got booted I was like "isnt a forum where you come to ask questions?" If you can't ask to many questions then what is the point in these forums? Anyway, in the long run I ended up here and found this to be a much better community.

Oh I'm sure people can't take the way I am/ act. Get told I'm a a**hole because I don't care all the time. Sorry Don't have time for stupidity or lack of common sense. Or humor well mine might be a little dark and bloody but who cares. And never Cared what Totti people think or say. I won't live on egg shells or in a box/bubble. No THANKS

Oh I'm sure people can't take the way I am/ act. Get told I'm a a**hole because I don't care all the time. Sorry Don't have time for stupidity or lack of common sense. Or humor well mine might be a little dark and bloody but who cares. And never Cared what Totti people think or say. I won't live on egg shells or in a box/bubble. No THANKS
Are you from the east coast? More northern? If so I can tell by the attitude I'm originally from Massachusetts and we are all that way back there. Seems people can't take unfiltered truth anymore

BINGO!

Are you from the east coast? More northern? If so I can tell by the attitude I'm originally from Massachusetts and we are all that way back there. Seems people can't take unfiltered truth anymore
Dirty jersey LOL. When I lived in Colorado I was socked. How the people were. Well any where out side NJ NY CON Philly. Say good morning look you in eye. NOT here get asked what you looking at. keep moving. Mine your business.

I'm from the north east too and theres a lot of people in the north east that can't handle unfiltered truth, or blunt opinions.
Dirty jersey LOL. When I lived in Colorado I was socked. How the people were. Well any where out side NJ NY CON Philly. Say good morning look you in eye. NOT here get asked what you looking at. keep moving. Mine your business.
Reminds me of when I moved down south. First time I was in a convenient store with a long line and I'm standing there minding my own business waiting for my turn and the guy in front of me just turns around and starts getting all chatty cathy. At first I was thinking to myself. WTH is wrong with this guy? Totally different atmospheres between different areas of the country lol

I'm from the north east too and theres a lot of people in the north east that can't handle unfiltered truth, or blunt opinions.

Reminds me of when I moved down south. First time I was in a convenient store with a long line and I'm standing there minding my own business waiting for my turn and the guy in front of me just turns around and starts getting all chatty cathy. At first I was thinking to myself. WTH is wrong with this guy? Totally different atmospheres between different areas of the country lol
Hell yeah thought I was in another world in Colorado. Like Kimmie said I always got guess your from NY NJ first two states everyone guesses