why is my engine running so hot?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running 20% with the stock or a medium plug?? because they are running 16%.. the TRX 2.5. Or the 3.3 both Mahe to run 240-260. With 20%. Not running 16%.. the riching really doesn't help that much with bringing down temps... AND the carbs do nothing for a motor for temps... its a really tiny motor..its only for mixing fuel and air.... its a carb...

https://rogershobbycenter.com/allaboutglowplugs

Your on this side of pond... you can get the 20%-33% nitro and can run the stick med or a cold and your temps should be fine.. 240-260.. 270 maybe at optimal performance. But if running the rite plug/fuel... you'll be fine bud

I ran 20% with a medium, I think. It's been a couple of years since I've used that engine for anything, I just keep it as a spare on race days, using Dynamite .19 in both of my TMaxx's.

guys, i found the problem:
first of i used the wrong plug for the nitro content that I'm running. (switched over to lc3 plug)
second, i was using the wrong fuel, the fuel i used before was the 16% optimix rtr with 15% oil, and then i switched over to their race version which has 10% oil. And since then, everything was running much better and cooler.
And i actually asked a person on youtube how oil content does impact the car's performance, and he said everything over 12% oil is unacceptable, it will make the engine run lean and that's what causes the temp issue.
Basically, the 16% optimix rtr with 15% oil is poop and is something that should be avoided:)

guys, i found the problem:
first of i used the wrong plug for the nitro content that I'm running. (switched over to lc3 plug)
second, i was using the wrong fuel, the fuel i used before was the 16% optimix rtr with 15% oil, and then i switched over to their race version which has 10% oil. And since then, everything was running much better and cooler.
And i actually asked a person on youtube how oil content does impact the car's performance, and he said everything over 12% oil is unacceptable, it will make the engine run lean and that's what causes the temp issue.
Basically, the 16% optimix rtr with 15% oil is poop and is something that should be avoided:)

That is why I asked about the fuel ,16% should run ok ,however ,its the high oil content that is the killer ,
that is the down fall of Traxxas Top fuel!
But I am glad you got it figured out ,the LC3 plug is the go to plug for that engine!.. :thumbs-up:

That is why I asked about the fuel ,16% should run ok ,however ,its the high oil content that is the killer ,
that is the down fall of Traxxas Top fuel!
But I am glad you got it figured out ,the LC3 plug is the go to plug for that engine!.. :thumbs-up:

Back