Why do people hate to have fun?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdoom405

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i was sitting out in front of the house after work, drinking a beer and running my T-maxx around. I live on a road with a lot of foot traffic... dog walkers etc because its a scenic drive. Anyway two different people stopped and said "aren't you a little old for that" (I'm 30) My reply was your never to old to have fun but I would have rather told them to F off....

Are you serious that they asked you that? That's terrible! I never have had anyone ask. The only thing is they slow down, or just sit and watch.

actually most of the time anyone see's me running mine they like to watch, I've never had a smart ass comment. I can see a remark about a nitro but i would expect it to be about them hating the sound or smell.

People don't hate to have fun.

They hate to see other people having fun.

I would have just run it into their legs, and when they bitched about it, I'da been like "arent you a little old for a toy to hurt you"

The ones you have to worry about never say anything to you (specifically). They'll go raise a stink at town council, and before you know it, there'll be an ordinance against your particular brand of fun. Trust me, it's happened here.

You don't stop having fun because you get old.
You get old because you stop having fun.

I prefer:

Puritanism - The fear that someone, somewhere, is having fun and must be stopped.

man i'm 14 and i've had people ask me if i'm to old to be palying with toy trucks..then i run into them with it lmfao...usually people will hear me runnign my truck from up the street and sooner or later i'll have a crowd of about 20 people...i like the attention

and rolex i'm calling ups right now to have my Blade CP pro thats in the mail redirected to your address lol

Good decision on your part. I put it with the rest of my helis so I can get rid of all of them at the same time.
Send me the tracking number. :D

Good decision on your part. I put it with the rest of my helis so I can get rid of all of them at the same time.
Send me the tracking number. :D

:hehe:

you best send the savy out too because you have way to much fun polishing it lmao;)

I'm gonna step in here and say lets not even get started, moe7404 and any one else, do not talk trash about law enforcement here nor any body else specific, this is not the place for it. Consider this a friendly public warning.

Whenever I run my gas or nitro trucks, I usually get an audience watching. The only question I get is how much does it cost and where do I get one. The only time the police came by on patrol, they pulled out the radar gun just to see how fast it was. The Baja got clocked at 32 mph....

Are you serious that they asked you that? That's terrible! I never have had anyone ask. The only thing is they slow down, or just sit and watch.[/QUOTE

Ya they did. I'm pretty sure one guy was just jealous though. I saw him look back to watch it while they were walking away...:hehe:

I've yet to have someone say that when I'm running them... I've had people at work say something like that. Then I show them and they want to know where to get one. ;)

I've probably had 100 different people come up to me over the years and say something nice about them. Even a cop! Thought he was going to tell me to shut it down, but since I wasn't doing anything "destructive" as his call in had said, he got out of his car and watched for about 20 minutes. I made it a point to go talk to him right away to see if there was an issue with it.

And of course... the age old question was asked even by him... "How fast does it go?" lol! I told him out of the 50 people or so that have asked me, he actually is the one who could tell me!

Last edited:
I have never had a complaint, and the toy word quickly drops from their vocabulary when they see it run. Usually when you remove the body they realize it's no toy either, especially when I tell them they are looking at over 1500 bucks! A full race truggy is nowhere near toy status.

to: error401 if you get joy out of something they just put a tax on. my friend here in wichita has a court case about his grass beeing to long. and to many bicycles. he fixes them for the kids next door. what it is its the money bicycle today they put jim on it the next day they put you on it. one guy had a bumper on a motor home that was 6 inches past the front of his house, $500.

Ya all my buddies used to make fun of me until I just showed them it with no motor and told them all the money I had into it. Now every time someone brings up something like that at least one of them will go well Tyler-thats me has a sweet one that goes like 40mph and the rest of them all go OHHHH dang that sounds sweet actually. Its funny because usually every time I get it out one of my neighbors will watch for a while.

Back