Who makes the strongest 30mm motor/ESC fan?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I got a Ruddog fan for the B74 it blows like crazy but it buzzes a lot. I’m fine with it because you can feel a breeze coming from the buggy when it’s running.

I just got the JConcepts fan with mount for the slash and it is very similar construction, boasts “High Flow” and all of that. When I powered it up I had a hard time telling which side the air was flowing from its so weak. Getting another ruddog won’t work because of the odd case shape. I want to replace it with something better but I want to be sure what I’m getting is, in fact, better.

I’m more concerned with function than form but that being said, some of those fancy anodized drift car fans look pretty sweet.

Anyone have a favorite to share?

On my b74 I was using a protek fan, before I crashed and ripped the wire out of it. In a few days I'm going down to the lhs. He has ordinary aluminum fans, not certain brands.

One of my racer friends uses Trinity fans with no issues.

I was / am using stock fan mount. Since it was aluminum fan on aluminum chassis, I put a piece of tape under it to get rid of that buzzing noise.

My uncle uses wild turbo fans. There not the best. And not to mention they are plastic so they break easier. Like he is in his last motor fan he has in his spare parts bag.

Since it was aluminum fan on aluminum chassis, I put a piece of tape under it to get rid of that buzzing noise.
Yea I did the same and determined that the buzz was actually coming from the fan itself. The buzz doesn’t really bother me though since it’s moving air like crazy. The JC one on the slash is the problem. I’m gonna see what people are running tomorrow when I’m at the race.

No fan made will holdup to the top of a esc in rc car to many jolts and bumps. Only fan I ever had that stayed intack longer that 2- 7 minute races I put cut to size inner tube and used a leather punch for holes so mounting bolts would go thru ...It one of those gonna have to replace

Rocket fans from Aliexpress seem to last a bit longer than your regular hobbywing plastic ones (or cheaper equivalents), for me at least.

I've had good luck with avid and protek fans. The protek is louder, but probably moves more air.

Back