Who bought a Losi 3XL-E when they were around?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks nice, but Losi current year lineup of trucks and buggies looks better. If I were in the market for a monster truck I would get a Losi LMT. There are also Losi 1/8 scale, 1/6 scale, and 1/5 scale trucks and buggies. (Losi 1/5 scale are my personal favorites!). Sorry for the shameless plug😳. Then there also many cars and trucks by Armma that are excellent choices too. I am not so sure about Traxxas. Their cars and trucks are not even carried by Tower Hobbies or Horizon Hobbies, and I think that traxxas is too much of a fan boy thing anyway. If they are not even carried by major sellers like Tower Hobbies and Horizon Hobbies that might tell you to avoid them when the quality of Losi and Armma vehicles is well established. (Okay I am ready to receive hate mail from Traxxas lovers!).

I appreciate the recommendations but I'm not looking for a new kit. I own 8 Losi, 3 Arrma, and 5 Traxxas RCs already. My question was specifically about the 3XL-E because I've owned all the previous iterations of it and I wanted to know how this model was compared to them since it came and went while I was out of the hobby. Traxxas makes some great basher kits and has a lot of after market support for a lot of their kits. I wouldnt over look them. More of a Losi fanboy myself but I do love my Traxxas kits too.

It looks nice, but Losi current year lineup of trucks and buggies looks better. If I were in the market for a monster truck I would get a Losi LMT. There are also Losi 1/8 scale, 1/6 scale, and 1/5 scale trucks and buggies. (Losi 1/5 scale are my personal favorites!). Sorry for the shameless plug😳. Then there also many cars and trucks by Armma that are excellent choices too. I am not so sure about Traxxas. Their cars and trucks are not even carried by Tower Hobbies or Horizon Hobbies, and I think that traxxas is too much of a fan boy thing anyway. If they are not even carried by major sellers like Tower Hobbies and Horizon Hobbies that might tell you to avoid them when the quality of Losi and Armma vehicles is well established. (Okay I am ready to receive hate mail from Traxxas lovers!).
Ok well it sounds like you don't know what your talking about. you named two companies/ distributors. Well you really only talked or referenced one company. Tower Hobbies and Horizon both owned and operated by Horizon Hobby group What about the rest of the companies out there? Rcplanet ,rcsuperstore, Amain, hobbyking, hobbytown, I can go on cus there is tons more. Open up your options. And losi is a high end racing company. From back in the 80s.well established And Traxxas has been around since the 80s well established. And both only gotten better. Over the yrs Arrma only came out 10yrs ago how the hell is that well established. And Horizon Hobbies is owned by business men and groups out to make money that's why they bought hobbico Hobbies and every other rc brand and rites out there . Because hobbico claimed bankruptcy. Of a bad deal that couldn't get paid to traxxas that's why Horizon and tower Hobbies don't sell traxxas no other reason. Tower hobbies use to be a good company until Horizon got the greedy hands involved. And tou didn't really hear about Horizon until they bout hobbico. All they care about is $$$. Not the RC product or customer service or parts support. Everything isn't their problem. They make u buy new or something different. Bottom line the owners of Horizon hobby is horrible. And the quality of all the companies rc that had great stuff went down hill because Horizon hobbynis about mass production not quality.and won't sell anything made by other companies or give them credit has to be under the Horizon name. Traxxas electronics suck but they have great customer service and awesome parts support. I love all RC but that was a one sided opinion answer sorry

i am in a few LST groups on FB, and generally they are well liked. i havent heard to many issues with them, but the main complaint i see is the lack of adjust-ability in the motor mount in regard to bigger motors etc because it is a clamp style motor mount. really dont know why Losi/HH killed it off.

i am in a few LST groups on FB, and generally they are well liked. i havent heard to many issues with them, but the main complaint i see is the lack of adjust-ability in the motor mount in regard to bigger motors etc because it is a clamp style motor mount. really dont know why Losi/HH killed it off.
Yeah, definitely makes me sad they discontinued the entire line. They were popular until the gasoline version came out, that flopped and the line never really recovered. Maybe I should start a petition for them to reintroduce the line and maybe take all the pros and cons theyve learned over the years and make the best LST model yet! OK, Maybe wishful thinking on my part :)

Back