White smoke form coolinghead and engine revs up and down.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tore-nil

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey. I just bought a HPI D8S buggy used. It has not been driven much and it looks like itw been used for 5-8 tanks.
But when i start it, it just starts off with reving high and the wheels are spinning ( i have put it on a bix so it can run freely) when i trim the throttle on my controller the wheels stop spinning but the engine still revs and white smoke comes out of the coolinghead. The HSN and LSN are set to factory settings ( flush.) And the idele is 1-1.3mm open. Any idea what it can be?
Thankfull for any answers.

Hey. I just bought a HPI D8S buggy used. It has not been driven much and it looks like itw been used for 5-8 tanks.
But when i start it, it just starts off with reving high and the wheels are spinning ( i have put it on a bix so it can run freely) when i trim the throttle on my controller the wheels stop spinning but the engine still revs and white smoke comes out of the coolinghead. The HSN and LSN are set to factory settings ( flush.) And the idele is 1-1.3mm open. Any idea what it can be?
Thankfull for any answers.

If it only has about 5 to 8 tanks ran through it ,an the needles are still set at factory ,then the engine hasn't been tuned
after the break in!
Look for an engine tune thread ,should be one in the engine section!...

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/

If it only has about 5 to 8 tanks ran through it ,an the needles are still set at factory ,then the engine hasn't been tuned
after the break in!
Look for an engine tune thread ,should be one in the engine section!...

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/
Yes i know i have to tune it. But what could the white smoke that comes out of the coolinghead be? I dont want to tune it when that happends or is it not a big problem?

You have an air leak on the cooling head either the glow plug is missing the copper washer or plug could be loose. Could also be the head is loose or missing the gasket/shim.

Back