White or Yellow wheels? Which one is faster?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I only used white wheels before for the race stuff, for the bug, truck, and mini. Haven't used or had yellow wheels yet. Wonder which one is faster? Sone guys say that white wheels are 3 tenths a second faster than any other color.

Or is this completely wrong and all color wheels are the same?

šŸ¤£

I like DE Racing, they got wheels, they make those wheels in black, green and pink too. I think it's the only brand that does other colors like that.
You can always get white wheels and then die them a different color.

• SR-71 Blackbird is a pretty fast airplane, so I guess black wheels are the fastest.
  • As far as I can remember, all the rockets going to space are white, so white wheels are the fastest.

It's a visibility as well as an aesthetic thing. I've run both. For me, back in my days of track racing - outdoor dirt - surface contrast, race banners, pit backgrounds and if the track was a big one, sometimes the distant background. All played a part in visibility of the wheels on the car. Some tracks white was better than yellow. Other tracks, maybe not. Sometimes its useful to see how a wheel is acting, say, in a particular corner. Wheel wag or running true, excessive bounce etc. During practice sessions, at times I've watch what the wheels were doing more so than the car.

So, yeah, in the sense above, one color wheel could be "faster" than the other. In that watching what the wheel was doing helped in set-up of the car. Aesthetically, like for personal preference, photo ops, sponsorship promotion, etc., whichever shows off the car best is what worked.

My take on wheel color for what it's worth. Try them both and see what works for you. Good luck, Cheers. 'AC'

According to the RCC. And I quote "The commission has concluded that white is the lightest color available to the consumer, as It contains less pigment, and has been proven to be far less hazardous to the environment. FD-Yellow#5. Also note, With the advent of the introduction of colors, to the RC community, It has been proven, after years of testing, that the yellow in question may tend to make remote control vehicles such as planes, helicopters, boats, and land vehicles, veer toward the left". Also note. "The Remote Control Commission does not endorse the use of yellow products, but condones it. With that said the brighter the better for racing. If all the other racers have yellow, use white. I like yellow for racing. Good Luck. :hyperbuggy: šŸ

What was that old rumor about Yellow #5?:cool:
Saves ya money in the long run. šŸ¤£
According to the RCC. And I quote "The commission has concluded that white is the lightest color available to the consumer, as It contains less pigment, and has been proven to be far less hazardous to the environment. FD-Yellow#5. Also note, With the advent of the introduction of colors, to the RC community, It has been proven, after years of testing, that the yellow in question may tend to make remote control vehicles such as planes, helicopters, boats, and land vehicles, veer toward the left". Also note. "The Remote Control Commission does not endorse the use of yellow products, but condones it. With that said the brighter the better for racing. If all the other racers have yellow, use white. I like yellow for racing. Good Luck. :hyperbuggy: šŸ
Nascar should go to yellow wheels. But with the track banking, it may cause a pile up.?

Red fingernail polish will get you better throttle response.
I tried that, does not work. Wife was mad. :mad:, as I used her nail polishšŸ˜Ž. Need to go to Rite Aid, and get nail polish remover. For my wife.šŸ¤£šŸ˜Ž.; Also placed an order on Amazon to replenish her red nail polish. :mad: Life is difficult for me lately.šŸ¤£

A month from now the debate will be, is light yellow or standard yellow faster? White is a short lived color.

FB_IMG_1707834809295.jpg

how many Lim bodies have you painted?
If you're looking for some sick body choices, Bittydesign is impressive. https://www.bittydesign.net/it/
I like the indy type bodies. I will try mixing colors next. So far I am #4. I plan to stop painting them when I get it to my liking. :cool:

Back