Which Truck for getting into short course?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevinmxracer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum.

I race motocross and one of the tracks I race has an RC car track. I saw people driving there trucks and it looked super fun. I've read a little bit and I have decided I want to get a truck for short course.

The two i am looking at are the Associated SC10 and the Traxxas Slash 2WD. Which do you think would be the best for what I'm looking for?
Also becuase I'm super competitve with everything I will have to race eventually how do i get started with this? Also are there better trucks then two I'm looking at for under around $300.

Thanks for the help and getting me into yet another expensive hooby haha.

Either would be a good truck to start out with. The thing that I would look at is which parts are carried at your local hobby shop. I, personally, would lean towards the Slash just because parts for it are available almost everywhere.

I'd save a little more dough and get the 4x4 Slash. Unless you can't find enough of them or the the proper class to race it. 4wd is a lot more fun than 2wd.

slash is a good truck and you can make it run really fast for cheap. out of the box its fast but add a lipo and you wont be able to keep the front end on the ground and its smokin fast

Back