Which tmaxx transmission do I have ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderranger

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I have a tmaxx ( not sure which version )I’m trying to find a single speed gear kit for my max transmission, I got it as an extra with a parts car ( originally my parts car had an emaxx transmission with the foul motors , so I used the stock bracket to mount my motor ) could anyone help me identify this one so I can get the correct parts ?

The main reason why I want to do this is a) because it’s being used on a converted nitro to electric tmaxx and b) it seems to always pop out of gear like it’s in neutral .

Thanks a lot !

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you very much for helping Me out with that so fast ! I also had one more question , would you be able to tell me which versions of tmax’s these are ?

image.jpg

And this

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome in @Thunderranger , that looks like the 2.5 version and this is the kit you need.
Also does this kit work for the new style clutch ?

Last edited:
The blue one is the 2.5 and the silver is the 3.3.
I can't answer the clutch question.
There is however a few guys in here that can, just be patient, they will come around.
@STONER RC has done the nitro to electric conversion and he can answer your questions.
Problem is, he works his ass off so doesn't show up often.
@Greywolf74 and @cbaker65 are a couple more nitro guys.
My apologies to the nitro guys I left out.

The blue one is the 2.5 and the silver is the 3.3.
I can't answer the clutch question.
There is however a few guys in here that can, just be patient, they will come around.
@STONER RC has done the nitro to electric conversion and he can answer your questions.
Problem is, he works his ass off so doesn't show up often.
@Greywolf74 and @cbaker65 are a couple more nitro guys.
My apologies to the nitro guys I left out.
Stoner would be best bet. He has a erevo 2.0 tranny in a tmaxx converted electric. I coulnt find any pics or links

The blue is a 2.5. The silver is a 3.3 or a 2.5 with 3.3 braces and chassis. Hard to tell with black plastics. The 2.5 were all black. 3.3 has all grey with black arms.

If the tranny needing foc is from it then thats a 2.5 tranny.

Grey tranny 3.3 is new style clutch found on the revo and electric trucks. The black case is the old peg style slipper and plate and plate cover style clutch. That can be changed to new style for $24.

Btw, tmacx has an rpm activated clutch to get going. It also needs to hit a certain rpm to get into second. Thats the nuetral your noticing.

I have the 2.5 my sister gave me. I completely cleaned it up and replaced some parts but have yet to run it.
I'm just not a nitro guy. If anything, I love 1/5 scale gas RCs but even those are getting to heavy for me to handle.

That Tranny and both of those kits are all from the 4910 model. Theres a mash up of parts on both kits but AFAIK the 4910 was the only model that had black plastic for the tranny, battery cover, and receiver case. Both of those kits have the black plastic so it should be a 4910.

Stoner would be best bet. He has a erevo 2.0 tranny in a tmaxx converted electric. I coulnt find any pics or links

The blue is a 2.5. The silver is a 3.3 or a 2.5 with 3.3 braces and chassis. Hard to tell with black plastics. The 2.5 were all black. 3.3 has all grey with black arms.

If the tranny needing foc is from it then thats a 2.5 tranny.

Grey tranny 3.3 is new style clutch found on the revo and electric trucks. The black case is the old peg style slipper and plate and plate cover style clutch. That can be changed to new style for $24.

Btw, tmacx has an rpm activated clutch to get going. It also needs to hit a certain rpm to get into second. Thats the nuetral your noticing.
You are right it does have a rpm activated clutch but they aren't spring loaded anymore , I'm not sure if someone else took it apart and lost then or what happened to them
Thanks @Greywolf74,Chubaka,Tunedpipe

Last edited:
Back