Which nitro is quicker: HPI RS4 or Kyosho FW06?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmow20

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What up my Nitro bros? I got a few HPI RS4 3+ evo cars. I want to race them. I know parts are scarce. Aside from parts availability, which would be quicker / more durable? HPI Rs4 evo 3+ or the Kyosho FW06?

Thanks for your thoughts. #NWO #NITROGANG #TwoSpeedBaby

Hard to say which one is faster. If you're going to race them Id go with Kyosho just because they have a proven race heritage. HPI not as much. Heres what I could find out.

FW06 has a .15ci engine and the HPI has a .18ci engine.
both kits have a 2 speed transmission
The FW06 has a final gear ratio including rollout of 7.47/5.44:1. I could not find the final gear ratio for the HPI. Youd have to calculate all ratios for the clutchbell/spur gears, both diffs, the transmissions internal gearing, and the rollout of the HPI in order to compare them if you really wanted to do an apples to apples comparison but the HPI has the bigger engine. At least stock anyway.

RC Gearing/speed calculator may help if you really want to dig deeper in to comapring them.

Hard to say which one is faster. If you're going to race them Id go with Kyosho just because they have a proven race heritage. HPI not as much. Heres what I could find out.

FW06 has a .15ci engine and the HPI has a .18ci engine.
both kits have a 2 speed transmission
The FW06 has a final gear ratio including rollout of 7.47/5.44:1. I could not find the final gear ratio for the HPI. Youd have to calculate all ratios for the clutchbell/spur gears, both diffs, the transmissions internal gearing, and the rollout of the HPI in order to compare them if you really wanted to do an apples to apples comparison but the HPI has the bigger engine. At least stock anyway.

RC Gearing/speed calculator may help if you really want to dig deeper in to comapring them.
From what I observed, they had .15 early to the 3 evo. Then circa 2010 they went 3.0

My 3 evo came with a t15 mated to a 2 speed. Model 10006 I believe.
Do the cars have the same tuner?