Which look do you like? Stock, street or, monster

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
1. Wide street tires 2. Stock short course tires 3. Monster truck tires

20220714_210830.jpg

20220714_211345.jpg

20220714_211836.jpg

The monsters look super aggressive, the short course look the most scale, the streets look pretty slick too. If going strictly on looks, I'm leaning towards those big monster treads!

With the monster tires I had motor heating problems and steering issues. I think the traxxas talons (comes on the stampede/rustler) would be better. With monster slash build videos I see they use either traxxas talons or proline trenchers.
I like all of them but since I'm running on the sidewalk and the street the most I prefer the street tires. With the stock ones I would go through tires. I had 3 sets of the short course tires before I upgraded to the traxxas anaconda tires.

I love the stance of the street tires, but think it would be better with a dirt tread pattern. The monster tires are too fat and puffy for that body. The stock tires would look better on different rims, but they look a bit depleated of tread.

The street tires do well with my slash but I do get some tire rub on the body so I did raise the body mounts a little.