Which carburetor do i get

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfzracer450

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. A while ago someone on here recommended that I get a carburetor from os engines because they hold a tune better and they are overall just a better carburetor then factory one. But I don't know which one to get. I have traxxas nitro rustler with the 2.5 engine. Does anyone know exactly which one to get so that it fits properly??

Thats the link he sent me but I just wanted to make sure. Thank you
No problem. Interested on hearing on it. I was gonna do that to my 3.3 but now I'm saving for a big block for my savvy.

No problem. Interested on hearing on it. I was gonna do that to my 3.3 but now I'm saving for a big block for my savvy.
I dont know how soon I will get as it is a bit pricy for it and with Christmas coming up my wife and I are watching what we spend but our 1yr anniversary is Dec 23rd so I told her I wanted that carb for our anniversary/Christmas present 🤣🤣
But I will definitely remember to let you know how it is once I do get it if you haven't gotten one for yourself already by then. A neighbor of mine Flys nitro planes and has some nitro cars and he said the 1st mode he does to his cars is get one of those carbs. He said they are really good. I don't race mine or anything. Just a backyard basher.

Any luck on the carb? I’d be interested in hearing if your experience is similar to mine. As I’ve converted two Traxxas 3.3 motors to os 11k and 11kr, and think the money they cost is worth every penny x 3.

I’ve had some good Traxxas carbs and I’ve had a couple duds. Both the duds were used and both the good ones were new. Maybe that’s the issue. But, I no longer fight to get them tuned. I no longer have to tune constantly. And, the performance upgrade is huge.

Lots of talk about os engines. The power they make. The reliability. Etc…. While the os motors I’ve had where awesome, a Traxxas 3.3 wearing one of these carbs is proving to be as reliable and every bit, if not more powerful then the os21tm I have in a tmaxx.

Seriously, it’s changed my desire to spend $300 for an OS 21 motor when I can buy a new 3.3 and OS 11k or 11kr carb for $200-$215.