Where to find some spare wood to make some ramps?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Offer up may have some for free or check Industrial areas or business parks that have a dumpster. Where I used to work, someone would toss out pallets and old wooden 'furniture' every so often.

FNG here, but old pallets can likely be picked up anywhere, break them down and cut the slats and screw it all together?

Just wait till y’all see my track build 😂😂😂

Rarely such a thing as an old pallet. Hate to be a party pooper but the pallets at retails stores are not trashed, they are sent back to the warehouse, repaired and reused. So don't go behind your local Piggly Wiggly and start stealing pallets, they get upset and the cops will be called.

However, if you go to the lumber yard or Homedepot they often have runners which is the wood between the wood. They usually just send that back for recycle and may just let you take them. They may even have stuff that is unsellable, like warped, chipped or broken stock. They might give that to you or sell it to you discounted.
Offer up may have some for free or check Industrial areas or business parks that have a dumpster. Where I used to work, someone would toss out pallets and old wooden 'furniture' every so often.
Hmm I didn't even think about the old furniture. Good call. I see stuff on our streets all the time that is left out for "free" like someone will magically come and take everyone's crap away. But there is often good wood in old furniture.

Large car dealerships frequently have pallets sitting outside the parts department. We currently have a dozen or so at work they keep pestering me to take home and burn.

Forgot all about these. Had these in the shed from pop. Old heavy car ramps. Used them once. Might get them out next weekend to try to use them. Not the best but it works.
PXL_20240212_204343110.jpg

Forgot all about these. Had these in the shed from pop. Old heavy car ramps. Used them once. Might get them out next weekend to try to use them. Not the best but it works.
View attachment 181496

You just reminded me of something! 😂

I’ve been looking around the shed for some scraps I could use to build my son a ramp since it’s too wet right now to get the tractor out and move some dirt for a track, I’ve got a set of corn hole boards in the patio 🤦‍♂️😂

Thank you for this post 😁

Back