Where is nitroaddict?well, lets just say he had a little acident!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since its not comming out of YOUR pocket its not that bad but have you ever asked or seen a "DETAILED BILL" ???

Statement from a hospital bill anlasys firm webpage:
""Equifax conducted a study of 40,000 hospital bills and found that 97% contained errors. Experts estimate that hospital bill overcharges represent a $15 billion-per-year problem! ""

Also, most hospitals charge outrageous markups on EVERYTHING. And because they are vague in their wording they get away with things like $250 for a box of tissues. $1200 for the nurse to bring you your pills in a little cup every day. $400/hour (min 1 hour) each time a doctor just stops by, looks at your chart, and asks how everything is.

Sorry ti hear he got hurt :(

Nitroa get well soon :)

rob - usually, the reason these markups are used, is to get the butthead insurance companies to pay the right amounts.

here is how it works.

The 'tissues' cost 40.00 - but when the hospital bills the insurance company, the ins co says "we will only pay 2.00" and then the hospital is out of the cash. So the hospital says 'if i say the tissues cost 200.00 then the ins will give me 40.00 and we wil be even'. well - the insurance company knows this, so they say 'if the hospital says the tissue costs 200.00, it really costs 100.00, so we will give them 10.00. So then the hospital charges 400.00 for the tissues and so on and so on.

if the insurance company would just pay what they owe to begin with, the problem wouldnt get outta hand.

but - to answer your orignal question, robriguez, yes, everyone involved had car insurance

shameless plug: Good thing you drove a german car, otherwise you would be roadkill by now. :jk:
Good thing you live to tell.

Thomas

yeah - i gotta give props to the GTI - he hit me worse than the minivan, and the van looked much worse than my GTI

You know, you should sue him and try to get 30k and get a subaru impreza sti. 300hp awd turbo....can't beat it

Those Sti's are bad ass theres a picture of mine in my gallery. Glad to see you are posting again NA I thought my god had left the building.

Man, I go away for a little while and someone tries to knock off the resident political smart-ass...

Sorry for the damages; glad to hear you are all right...now go and use some of those big words you are always throwing around and get your money...

Glad to have you back.

Does God Hate Me?????

Just when u think it can't get any worse.

I get home from home from hanging out at my Dads house about 11pm on saturday night - and what do i find???

Not a whole lot, and that is the problem. Some one broke into my house and stole my DVD player, stereo equipment, and...........the worse part? MY F**KING 8th Scale BUGGY!!!!!! cleaned everything out - luckily i had a bunch of rc stuff in the garage, so he only got the buggy, fuel, and some stupid parts. no TX though, bet he doesn't even know what it is. Cops found prints all over the house, so maybe ill get lucky and theyll find him, doubt it though. My homeowners insurance is gonna love me.

Never ends, does it?

Can you say DVD and Stereo *UPGRADE* ?

How about a Mugen MBX 5 !!!???!!!??

Could be a blessing in disguise!

NA - the only thing you got going for you now is the Dolphins won last night :D

Hope you get some better luck soon, or all chances of me going to FL are out the window.....

I'm still pretty pissed - i can handle a liar, a cheat, and most other scumbags - but i can't handle a Thief!!!!

Cops better hope that they find him first.

Damn NA. That really sucks. Do you have some type of homeowners insurance to cover what was stolen? Which buggy did they get?

i dunno what the insurance will cover. They got about 4,000 dollars worth of stuff, but i dont have all the reciepts, and I'm sure the ins company will want to see them. they got my storm pro - a bunch of bodies, some tires, fuel, a pit bag, my charger, dvd player, cd player, PS2, vcr, amps, surround sound, and my weed eater.

Cuz there's a huge black market for Weed Eaters...

That sucks. I'm with you. Cops better find him first. I don't know why, but the thought of someone breaking into my house makes me want to give someone a beat down. Hopefully they'll find him. Let him serve his time. THEN give him a beat down.

damn NA, that's pretty wacked. you have a stream of bad luck going against you. i had $5000 worth of stuff stolen out of the back of my mini-van while I was enroute to setup one of our offices. They got a laptop, server, wireless stuff, networking stuff. all of the software CDs I use for work (brought them just in case.) personal stuff, they got some cash, cd player and broke the back left window in the minivan. i had to drive the rest of the way to St Louis ( 4 hours ) in without a window in freezing feb temps.

I ended up rebuying all the equpment that was stolen. The only thing that saved my ass was a copy of the Server's recovery CD which I had here at the office. I had someone mail it to me. I spent and extra few days more than planned. I had brought my wife for what should have been a pretty fun mini-vacation. that was ruined.

The worst part of the whole thing wasn't what they stole or even the fact that it made my job harder. The worst part was feeling like someone had come in and violated my personal space.

I can definately relate.

-Rob

You may want to evaluate the cost of replacement against buying new high risk homeowners insurance. Trust me, they will not pay for everything and they will not renew your policy. You will get a nice little letter in the mail once you have been paid stating you are not eligible for renewal.

We moved into our house and had a brake-in less than 3 months later. They took only computers to the tune of $6,000.00. 11 months later I finally got a check for replacement value of what the same computer would have cost when they issued the check. We got around $2,200.00 Computer years = Dog years. A few days after I got the check a letter arrives with a non renewal notice. Anyone who makes a claim is considered High-Risk. (Thanks AllState)

We had to purchase High-Risk insurance for around 4 years before we could get back on a good policy again. The cost was not worth the payout.

Ask your insurance in writing and get a response in writing on what filing a claim like this will do to your policy and rates. It has been 8 years for me and I'm in a different state. CHECK FIRST!

Remember Insurance companies are not it the Insurance business, they are in the profit business.

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up eddy - i am vastly familiar with ins co policy, but am not a veteran home owner, so i wasn't sure how the homeowners ins would work. i will do some ivestigating.

Geez... you should switch your angel. It seems like the one you have right now is a drunk and meth addict.

But seriously, you might wanna think about installing some computer cams and a software that only records on movement inside the house. So you will actually get to see that mother[censored] face.

Thomas

scummer - i dont even have a computer at home, lol.

This is my house, hardly a rich looking home:
595myhouse.jpg

why they chose mine, i have no idea

Oh.. oops? So you are only surfin' at your workplace?

Back