Wheels and Tyres

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KIDS RC CLUB

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello RC Enthusiast,

Greetings from KRCC. KRCC has just constructed a temporary practice track on grass and the problem is that our buggy's tend to overheat. We were expecting this, however, we were wondering that maybe its because of the wheeks and tyres that dont suit the terrain as we are using velocity wheels and off road dirt tyres. So question now is would changing those wheels and tyres do any good? We thought of using the same wheels and tyres as the XTM RAIL (GV CAGE) since theirs look like on road tyres. For your info we currently own a THUNDER TIGER EB4 S2 Pro.

Wheels and tires should not have any effect on how hot your engine runs if thats what your asking. If your talking your engines overheating its all in your tuning and you need to richen it up.

I agree that your wheels and tires are not whats causing over heating. You are experiencing more resistance by running in grass vs dirt or hard surface. One other thing you can do besides richen hsn is change the gearing for the grass track by dropping the clutchbell size. For example, if your current bell is a 15 tooth then drop it to a 14 or even 13 tooth. This will give you more low end torque to run on grass without overheating issues. Get a couple of different sizes of bell to try till you find the gearing that suits you.

I want to know which is the best styled tire 1/8 buggy nitro for allterrain off road

For a general purpose off road tire the Proline Badlands are some of the best available. They will work on grass, hard pack, and loose dirt well, but aren't that great on asphalt or concrete due to the large lugs and open tread.

An on road tire won't be any good on grass, you won't get traction, you will need a tire with a bit of a chunky tread pattern or like mentioned above, something like the Badlands or similar. Also, how long is the grass, cut it so its shorter, like real short & that will give less resistance to help keep temps down, as well as let buggies go faster.

As for the above post asking about which buggy tire for all terrain, thats not what a nitro buggy is for, they are mainly designed for off road tracks or reasonably flat dirt with jumps & bumps. If you want something for all terrain then a monster truck would be more suited.

Last edited: