Wheel spin when pull start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighoss90

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am new to the rc world i pick up a traxxas tmaxx classic with a 3.3 motor on it. When i go to pull start it the wheel start to spin. Then when it fires up the wheel spin at idle. Try to do some research online and seen alot of post about the clutch spring and shoes. So i pulled the motor and check them out spring look good and shoes didnt look to wore out. Not sure what the thicknest is sopose to be on a new pair. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It will fire right up and idle great but soon as the wheel hit the ground spinning it will stall out.

I am new to the rc world i pick up a traxxas tmaxx classic with a 3.3 motor on it. When i go to pull start it the wheel start to spin. Then when it fires up the wheel spin at idle. Try to do some research online and seen alot of post about the clutch spring and shoes. So i pulled the motor and check them out spring look good and shoes didnt look to wore out. Not sure what the thicknest is sopose to be on a new pair. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It will fire right up and idle great but soon as the wheel hit the ground spinning it will stall out.
Thinking the clutch shoes are stuck open, post pictures of the clutch assembly plz.

check to see if the clutchbell is riding against the flywheel, double check that the clutchbell spins freely separate the flywheel. as long as the springs are holding the clutch shoes in, it should be ok, is a chance they have weakened or cracked but that would be noticeable.

Attachments

• 20190526_014233.jpg
    20190526_014233.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 140
check to see if the clutchbell is riding against the flywheel, double check that the clutchbell spins freely separate the flywheel. as long as the springs are holding the clutch shoes in, it should be ok, is a chance they have weakened or cracked but that would be noticeable.
Spins freely doesn't hang up

Not sure what i did put it back together and lined motor up better then it was fired right up no wheel spin thanks for all the ideas