Wheel Extender

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
I ordered some 2.8s to go on my Tekno DB48. They are not extending far enough so they Scrubbing. I don't have a clue what I need to get to make these work. I do know the hex is 12mm other than that can someone point me to what I need?

Really depends on how much clearance you need. Thicker wheel hubs are available, but if the axles are fixed length, you need to make sure the wheel nut will still have enough purchase.

The other option is a set of wheels with a shallower offset on the inside.

If they are rubbing you either need smaller wheels, tires with a lower profile, hub extenders, or as 9x19 said wheels with higher negative offset.

It's like the Wheel is not high enough over the hub. It's fine until the wheels are turned. The inside wheel well needs to be extended just past the hub. If I'm making any sense

If you use EB48sl 17mm hex conversions on your truck everything will work. This is assuming you're using Proline wheels. This is how I ran my monster SCT410.3 and it worked perfectly. A byproduct of this setup is even on 4s you'll never strip a wheel hex.

None of that is still really the answer to how I get the Wheel extended out some. If I put the 2.8s on the 12mm hex with no type extension the wheel will turn without scrubbing but when I turn the tire hits. The wheel is tall enough it just needs to be extended out just a bit to give the wheel/tire room to turn without hitting/Scrubbing.

This thread above is exactly what I went by when I built my DB48
If you use EB48sl 17mm hex conversions on your truck everything will work. This is assuming you're using Proline wheels. This is how I ran my monster SCT410.3 and it worked perfectly. A byproduct of this setup is even on 4s you'll never strip a wheel hex.
I'm not using proline wheels. The 2.8s I ordered are made together they are not Beadlocks. Now the crawler tires and wheels are 1.9s Injora Beadlocks and RC4wd IROK Super swamper tires. Those fit fine no problems but they have the extensions that bolt to the wheel on them, but I don't like the crawler type tires on this vehicle. I would like it better with Monster Truck wheels and tires.

Last edited:
I know what you're looking for. I could only find 12mm hex extensions for 5mm axles (Slash/Stampede). I couldn't find anything that fits a 6mm axle.
I run 2.8s on my EB48. I had to remove a minor amount of material on the corners of the carriers to make it work. Maybe that will work for you?

I know what you're looking for. I could only find 12mm hex extensions for 5mm axles (Slash/Stampede). I couldn't find anything that fits a 6mm axle.
I run 2.8s on my EB48. I had to remove a minor amount of material on the corners of the carriers to make it work. Maybe that will work for you?
So is the axles on the SCT410.3 6mm? Because the Wheel stuff on the DB48 if I remember correctly was the SCT stuff in the Kit

It's like the Wheel is not high enough over the hub. It's fine until the wheels are turned. The inside wheel well needs to be extended just past the hub. If I'm making any sense
If thats the case you need wheels with a higher positive offset than your current set has.

Last edited:
If thats the case you need wheels with a higher negative offset than your current set has.

View attachment 176429
After looking again the wheel is high enough. It's when I turn the wheels it hits the hub assembly or I think that's what it's hitting. The wheel spins fine with no scrubbing

That is one thing I dislike about the RC world and offsets... opposite from full size wheel shopping/terminology.
Crap, I forgot all about that. I've been looking at wheels for my new truck recently and had a brain fart. What dummy decided to invert RC wheel offset from the real ones anyway?! O _ o

Back