whats your fastest rc u have

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have videos!?

Do you have videos!?

Yeah, I'd like to see some too. I'm not doubting you--I would just love to see ir--as would I imagine most all of us do.. I've always been told two engines gets you little--if any--additional speed, but I've never tried so can't speak to it. , so would love to see it run and your thoughts on it.l Your profile doesn't say much about it, so give us details. 100mph with a nitro car that size is very impressive!

Last edited:
Yes I have videos of the speed runs, but I will not post them online until it’s clocked with a certified timing system due to the inevitable arguments that always ensue. No offense to anyone but there is always someone who will doubt the GPS & Radar and I prefer not to engage in those types of arguments.
That being said I will post a video of the 1st shakedown run if anyone wants to see/hear it.

Normally 1 engine will be just as fast (top speed) as 2 but there is a point at which the power vs weight and gear ratio requires more HP/Torque to pull the weight/gears. You do not gain top engine rpm’s with 2 engines but you have the added hp/torque needed to pull through the mid range after the gear change and get back on the pipes to reach the top rpm’s the engines are capable of.
It’s easier to tune/hear 1 engine at a time, this build with its weight and tall gear ratio struggles badly out of the hole with just 1 engine running. I smoked 2 new sets of Buku Komposite clutch shoes in very short time before I realized 1 engine at a time was just overpowering the clutch because it simply could not move the weight with the tall gears efficiently. With just 1 engine running this build will not even reach enough rpm’s for the shift change to occur. With both running it’s pretty quick off the line and clutch wear is not an issue.

1 engine vs 2 for top speed just depends on the situation.

It was a fun build that was very satisfying with the end result. I set out to prove (a bet with a friend) that a Nitro powered RC could reach 100 mph. I could have made something smaller like an RS4 and hit 100 a lot easier/cheaper but I tend to go overboard on my builds most of the time.

It’s fun and exciting to drive but it’s not something that you just throw in the back of the truck and head out to play with on a moments notice like an off road. It also has the potential to be very dangerous if something goes wrong. It’s not until you actually see something that size going by at over 100 mph that you realize the potential for serious injury.

@ Mn Monster, My Street SMaxx will do over 80mph on its own…:p:

It’s fun and exciting to drive but it’s not something that you just throw in the back of the truck and head out to play with on a moments notice like an off road. It also has the potential to be very dangerous if something goes wrong.

My one and only high speed pass ended badly because I didn't plan ahead.
I hit some sort of rut in the road on my street causing the truck to dart hard left straight into a fire hydrant at top speed. Luckily there was nobody nearby at the time because there were parts scattered in a 20ft radius.

In hindsight, I should have inspected the roadway before going as fast as I did. :shrug:

Right now? Jato 3.3. Needs to be fixed. My bandit is fast, but hasn't been recorded. T-MAXX? Stock 3.3 with 20%, probably 45mph. I don't know how fast my 5.9 savage is yet, just got my first savage. Traxxas Blast is incredibly slow, though.

88 mph was the highest we saw on radar, never got around to running it with the Nova .28, as my 1/8 truggy needed an engine. I will probably revisit the project this summer.

RC10GT blue tub chassis, extended, with lightened OFNA LX rear diff. LRP ZR.32 spec 2, direct drive with a Tamiya Nitrage clutch bell and a hybrid dog bone, stopping is accomplished via twin rotors on the diff out drives using hand made cable actuated aluminum calipers.

101_1849_zps1161d29e.jpg

101_1850_zpsea3a54c4.jpg

That looks like a lot of motor for a small little car! :D

That looks like a lot of motor for a small little car!

That's how I roll! Just sold it, but I had also built an RC18T with a .15x engine. It was quick, too.

This was a plain ol' 1/10 RC10GT, but I extended the chassis, installed the Ultra LX rear suspenmsion and used modified Slash 2WD 17mm adapters up front, so it has the wheelbase and track of a 1/8 buggy. However, it only weighs 5.6 lbs with a full tank and receiver pack.

The goal is 121 MPH, but the ZR.32 couldn't get it there, more of a bottom end MT/truggy engine. not sure what engine I'll try next.