Whats the worst RC you've ever owned?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_newbie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm just wondering what rc's (nitro/electric) that every time you drove it you just felt like lighting it on fire and throwing it in the trash? HAha:hehe: So, whats yours?:)

I have and will never own an off-brand RC, but the worst I have owned was my Traxxas Nitro 4-tec 3.3....

Picking the biggest booger in the world brings me more joy than my 4tec ever did...

Worst rc's I've owned out of my 50+ rc career would hands down be my first and 2nd, first was a Heng Long Mad Truck off ebay, busted just minutes out of the box with no replacement parts available. Next was prolly my 2.5 tmaxx, I HATED that rig, they dont stay tuned for crap, dont handle for crap and arent tough in stock form....for crap :D

hahah, you couldnt keep it running or something?

Ran like a champ as every 3.3 I have owned, The biggest drawback for me was that it was an exposed belt driven 4wd and would ALWAYS get debris and pebbles off the road jam between the drive pulleys and belt causing damage to the gear and snapping the belt.

Ran like a champ as every 3.3 I have owned, The biggest drawback for me was that it was an exposed belt driven 4wd and would ALWAYS get debris and pebbles off the road jam between the drive pulleys and belt causing damage to the gear and snapping the belt.

Ohhhhh, ok that makes sense:D

My revo in stock form. That rig would literally break just sitting on the shelf!

My first ever rig was an exceed buggy which was absolute junk. I would also have to agree with slown in saying that the stock tmaxx 2.5 was also a big disappointment from traxxas, IMO.

Yea, i have never heard ANYTHING good from brands like Exceed, I'm glad I didnt start with a rig like that, i might of not even gotten into this hobby like i am today. hah

My first ever rig was an exceed buggy which was absolute junk. I would also have to agree with slown in saying that the stock tmaxx 2.5 was also a big disappointment from traxxas, IMO.

I thought Exceed was top notch. Isn't that the reason they're so cheap?

2.5 T-Maxx was the worst for me. Brittle didn't begin to describe how fragile it was in stock form.

RC-18t in stock form. The electronics were horrible and the shocks always leaked. Installed aftermarket parts and it's been really fun with almost no maintenance.

Schumacher Menace. Brittle little pos. just touch it and it broke.

Kyosho mini-inferno. Lasted 2 packs. Looked ridiculously scale though.

HPI MINI RECON, shocks,diffs,motors,tires,esc.......i can do this all day......worst 100bux i ever spent, on a mini RC, i did however part it out and get my money back.

1st gen Tmaxx. IDK if it was the truck or my lack of knowledge but what a POS. Sold it completely disassembled for $50. Waited about 5 years and got reinvolved and now IMO there isnt anything I can't tune (or break!!)

Id have to say the worst kit I ever own was a Nitro Rustler. Nothing particularly wrong with them it was just my least favorite kit that I've owned.

Id have to say the worst kit I ever own was a Nitro Rustler. Nothing particularly wrong with them it was just my least favorite kit that I've owned.

You must have had great rigs if that was you least favorite, mine is my favorite basher.

My first rig. A used 4910 model tmaxx with a 3.3 dropped in. Was the biggest POS I've ever seen in my life. Nothing but problem after problem. I still own it but it has been upgraded to extended chassis and every nut and bolt on it has been replaced. After sinking tons of money and upgraded parts into it now its the only remaining of my traxxas rigs. But only the body, chassis and transmission are actual traxxas parts.

HPI MINI RECON, shocks,diffs,motors,tires,esc.......i can do this all day......worst 100bux i ever spent, on a mini RC, i did however part it out and get my money back.

:hehe: Lol just by the look of that truck makes me think that wet TP is stronger than that rig, thats too much.