Whats the Best bang for your buck Monster truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volcanix

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi guys
I'm in the market for a nitro Monster truck (could sway to electric:whhooo::p:)whats the best mid range MT?, that can A) take a bit a of a beating, B)wont break if i happen to roll it a million times C) looks cool and go reasonably hard and do a couple jumps and finally id like to go thru some mud and have it not fry?
I'm thinking round the 300-400$ ish mark
thanks

Last edited:
In that price range i would say the tmaxx 3.3 but then again you need a charger for the ez start battery. If you could afford more then look at the savage xl and the mgt 8.0. the mgt does come in cheaper variations as well.

how much is the savge 4.6? I'm liking the look of it on the hpi site

thats like nearly 700$ NZD haha tis purdy but id need to save my pennys for longer : /

You can pick up a used savage for not alot now. The parts are easy to get hold of and they have many upgrades. My savage is now nearly 5 years old and it still holds up against some of the newer models. I've never had any major problems with it. Just the usual wear and tear as you would expect after so many years. If you decide to go down the used route make sure you ask all the right questions regarding its use and whats been changed. I know there are alot out there but I'm sure you'll find the right one for you.

kyosNO! I dunno? does your local shop stock parts?

The new savage X comes with waterproof servos, allowing you to hit some mud and water. But of course your not wanting to spend that much money.

most of the LHS's stock kyosho and if they dont they can get it easily : ), as for the plastic gears is it easy enough to replace them with metal gears?

sometimes it is eay to find depending on what you are looking for... I have 3 tmaxx's and an emaxx and I love'em.. I did give hpi a chance and I really didnt enjoy as much myself... thats just my opinion though get what ever sticks out to you.... I got the kids red cats and those things have lasted as well... depends on your driving style, the way you take care of them, and if you get something that has a couple defects or not. always tighten screws on new before you run!!!!

I'd go with a T-maxx 3.3, I think they pack a great bang for your buck, the accessories are all cheap all over ebay as well...

if ur looking on ebay or buying second be careful, u dont know what condition the engine is is or anything. saying that iv bought 5 of ebay and have only had a problem with 1 but a new piston and sleeve was all it needed

most of the LHS's stock kyosho and if they dont they can get it easily : ), as for the plastic gears is it easy enough to replace them with metal

Not all Hobby Shops carry Kyosho parts. Mine has to order most of them in.

Last edited:
Get the MGT 8.0 or the 4.6. I have the 8.0, Tmaxx 3.3, and also the Ofna twin titan. I've never broke the OTT. The tmaxx is new and I've already broke the a arms from running into my ankle. I've hit the curb almost full speed with the OTT and the MGT and have not broke a thing. I think that they are better bashers than the tmaxx.

your ANKLE?? I have launched my 3.3 over my head in the winter when it was like 20 degrees out and never broke an arm on mine at all I dont think I would go with any other brand or truck I have 2 3.3's 2classics, and me and everyone I hang out with have had the best luck with traxxas....

multiple launch's and multiple crashes!!!

god running it into your ankel would have hurt!

Back