Whats better for an E-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
The mamba moster esc with the 2650kv motor or the 2200kv motor?

The 2200kV motor will give you more torque and the 2650kV will give more speed. I would go with the 2650kV.

Do you have an e-maxx with that set up? And if you do how do you like it.

I do not have an E-Maxx, but I do lots of other brushless vehicles and prefer the higher kV motors for speed in most cases. The only exception to the rule is my Micro D/T it is almost undriveable.

Okay thank you. My ? is ansered!

i'm running a older e-maxx with a neu 1900kv motor. mamba max 1/10 esc and 2 3s 4,000mah 30c ebay lipo's i am very impressed. it's not as fast as some of my other rc's but for this truck it is fast. if i wreck it top speed in high gear it's going to destroy it. it prob. runs 30mph or so. possibly more i don't know. i can't stay on the throttle long enough to stretch it out. i'm afraid of wrecking it. i might find a large parking lot one day and open it up in high gear.

i think you will be happy with either of those motors. either should be plenty for a e-maxx. what type of lipo's are you planning on running?

mods on this are as stated
2 3s lipo's
ubec
neu 1900kv motor
mamba max esc

i had to grind the motor mount a little to get the lipo's to fit like i wanted, they fit before but were scratching the lipos where the motor mount is.
honestly, it's too much for the truck.

btw, anyone know if these trucks came with a cover for the spur gear/pinion?
DSCN0244.gif

I'm planing on running the 2200kv motor with the mamba monster esc and 2 3cell 5000mah 40c hard case lipo's to give me a combo set up of 6cell 10,000mah 80c power!

I'm planing on running the 2200kv motor with the mamba monster esc and 2 3cell 5000mah 40c hard case lipo's to give me a combo set up of 6cell 10,000mah 80c power!

that will be plenty.

if you have the newer model e-maxx it may handle better than this one, your combo is gonna run your e-maxx faster than mine and mines a pain to control in high gear on the street. low gear is plenty for the dirt, i've never put it in high

i would also deff. recomend a ubec. i bought mine off ebay for like 2 bucks but it took a month to get here or longer. your esc may handle the power a little better than mine, mines not rated for no where near what i'm putting threw it. but i did have to buy a ubec, my radio wouldn't respon correctly at times untill i did. however, i've since changed that combo as well.

mine does have the wider a arms i think.

Last edited: