whats a good electric truck to buy???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evownsu

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have an 8 year old and 11 year old who are both now really interested in RC cars...have a nitro revo 3.3...and they are in love with it...but since i wont let them use without me being around...i was thinking of getting them their own electric trucks...what would be a good all around truck i could buy for them....

thanks for the info

Slash 2wd or slash 4wd's are the best rigs for the money in my opinion.

+1. Heck, any of the Traxxas electrics are a great introduction to the hobby. I always suggest 4 wheel drive but doubt that your children would care a bit. Going 2wd will save you some money in the initial purchase, and minimizes wear components. I've had a Stampede for 15 years and enjoy it now as much as I did as a kid.:)

Whats your budget? 2wd or 4wd? Do you need something with ground clearance? Like sng stated the slashes are great trucks. For more ground clearance the Traxxas stampedes are also great trucks and are available in both 2wd and 4wd.

Your kids are young so durability should also be a concern. These trucks are very durable and factory and aftermarket support are very good.

great thanks for the help

after reading some reviews, probably going to go with the slash 4x4 for them so they can use it on the road and dirt tracks.

now just have a to find one reasonably priced in my area....gunna stop by a few shops this saturday

There happens to be a nice used one that is up for sale by one of our trusted members with a good price on it.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87095

Don't forget to budget for support equipment like a charger and battery packs.

thanks for the recommendations guys...i bought the traxxas 4x4 for my boys and i got a 2s 5000m battery...all i have to say is wow...I wish i knew how far electric has come..i never would have bought my nitro revo...would have gotten the erevo instead...:hehe:

Yes sir, electric technology is amazing. Congrats on a killer purchase!:)

now i dont know if i bought that truck for me or my boys...haha...

i want to sell the nitro revo and get the erevo.

my revo has been nothing but a pain to tune

Ya i know what your saying! I sold my old tmaxx and purchased a 4x4 brushless slash and an emaxx. Electric is taking over! :D

I hate to say it but I run my electrics way more than the nitros anymore. My 4x4 Slash the most since it is ALWAYS raining here....

I watched my daughter playing with her walmart RC car and felt sorry for her. I told her if she cleaned the back yard by herself Id buy her a better car. what i realllly meant was Id buy a car that she could call hers. LOL. so 200 later with a couple "needed" upgrades i got her a evader. knowing what i know i probably wouldnt have went with Duratraxx but not a terrible truck. plan worked perfect. wife couldnt say no could it was for her sweet little girl and 2 weeks later she was bored with it and someone had HIM a new RC.

thanks for the recommendations guys...i bought the traxxas 4x4 for my boys and i got a 2s 5000m battery...all i have to say is wow...I wish i knew how far electric has come..i never would have bought my nitro revo...would have gotten the erevo instead...:hehe:

Isn't it simply amazing? When I started a 20 mph electric truck was fast LOL. I was converted after seeing some youtube vids of brushless electrics running. I built my Stampede, and have been selling off all my nitro rigs. It just blows my mind every time I take it out, I'll never go back.

Traxxas slash 4x4, very durable and great power with the waterproof brushless set up with a good lipo.

Back