Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avocados and Bananas are the two things I hate being allergic to. I love them both, and every now and then I will take a bite to make sure I'm still allergic. And every time I itch like crazy. :(

Avocados and Bananas are the two things I hate being allergic to. I love them both, and every now and then I will take a bite to make sure I'm still allergic. And every time I itch like crazy. :(
Could you pop a Benadryl first?

I was walking around the grocery store hoping for dinner ideas/inspirations, but nothing came to me. Then I saw pizza dough and decided pizza would be it. After I had gathered all the ingredients, I came across these specialty frozen pizzas. I figured these would be a lot less work, so I grabbed 3 different varieties: Mexican; buffalo chicken; chicken and bacon. They weren't bad. Had mine with a Caesar salad. Dessert was Edy's spumoni.

Caramel apple crumble
20220217_102550.jpg

I've used 1/2 a Benadryl on my pine tree allergic son since 92 I liked the cheap dollar store 1s the best hard pill easy to break. always worked had some great hunting tips due to them. how can 1 have a issue and not take precautions to assist them?

Making spaghetti tonight
My secret recipe is to buy four gourmet hamburgers. They have ones called Bergerminion. And divide them up into sixteen meatballs.
For the sauce I use a jar of whatever.
Then add a little garlic and red chili powder to the regular tomato sauce. But to tonight I’m going to make home made garlic and onion tomato sauce. Can’t wait.

Making spaghetti tonight
My secret recipe is to buy four gourmet hamburgers. They have ones called Bergerminion. And divide them up into sixteen meatballs.
Then add a little garlic and red chili powder to the regular tomato sauce. But to tonight I’m going to make home made garlic and onion tomato sauce. Can’t wait.
I like a blend of beef and pork for my meatballs. And lots of garlic! I was watching a cooking show and the chef mixed in ricotta with his meatballs. I'm going to try this at some point.
My wife being half Italian is quite the meatball and red sauce snob, so I'll have to wait until she's out of town or something to try this. Since I'll be using jarred red sauce, which is sacrilegious to her 😂

Making spaghetti tonight
I miss when I was a kid and my dad had a huge garden, usually with more than 50 tomato plants. Mom made the best sauce with tomatoes fresh out of the garden. You can't buy tomatoes that good in the stores around here 🙁

I am kinda on a home cooked kick. No reason but it started with making bread every weekend. Then home made pancakes on Sunday was like crazy good.

I’m going to try to make tomato sauce with whole ripe real tomatoes. Fresh everything and see how it goes.
I miss when I was a kid and my dad had a huge garden, usually with more than 50 tomato plants. Mom made the best sauce with tomatoes fresh out of the garden. You can't buy tomatoes that good in the stores around here 🙁
Last year my wife planted a box garden and the dirt was odd. I’m going to plant just tomato plants this year and make sauce . I always grow spices.

I am kinda on a home cooked kick. No reason but it started with making bread every weekend. Then home made pancakes on Sunday was like crazy good.

I’m going to try to make tomato sauce with whole ripe real tomatoes. Fresh everything and see how it goes.

Last year my wife planted a box garden and the dirt was odd. I’m going to plant just tomato plants this year and make sauce . I always grow spices.
My dad worked for a fertilizer company. He had the best dirt, all ph balanced. Plus he spread horse manure, lyme, you name it. We had tomatoes the size of cantaloupes. Everything was so good out of that garden.

I miss going to the farmers markets for fresh veggies. Always reminded me of when I was young.

All looks so delicious. When making burgers with ANGUS BEEF, I sometimes hide a surprise INSIDE the burger pattie; like a slice of EXTRA SHARP CHEDDAR, and/or pre-cooked slice pf peppered bacon. Making burgers for kids, you can experiment with other stuff like PEPPERONI, or a section of cooked LASAGNA NOODLES. Maybe I should add barbell weights to my transmitter and Field bag to get a wee bit of exercise when I am out RPV-ing ! One more thing ---》 try adding a bit of CORNED BEEF HASH when whipping up a batch of CHILI. If the chili is a bit watery, you can thicken it up with instant mashed potatoes.

All looks so delicious. When making burgers with ANGUS BEEF, I sometimes hide a surprise INSIDE the burger pattie; like a slice of EXTRA SHARP CHEDDAR, and/or pre-cooked slice pf peppered bacon. Making burgers for kids, you can experiment with other stuff like PEPPERONI, or a section of cooked LASAGNA NOODLES. Maybe I should add barbell weights to my transmitter and Field bag to get a wee bit of exercise when I am out RPV-ing ! One more thing ---》 try adding a bit of CORNED BEEF HASH when whipping up a batch of CHILI. If the chili is a bit watery, you can thicken it up with instant mashed potatoes.
The post reminded me of a time when my kids were young and I made them a sundae. I reached into the pantry to grab with I thought was a bag of coconut flakes and dumped it onto their sundae. They ate it, and said that it tasted weird. Turns out, I had grabbed the instant mashed potato flakes!

After our son's soccer game last night, Susan and I wanted to go out to dinner, but the teenage boy, wanted to just go home. So, we dropped him off, and went to a new place, the next town over called Luke's bar and grill.
Nice place, with a sense of it being comfortable, no matter how you're dressed. It was busy and it took awhile to get the food. However, it was worth the wait, because our food was very well made and very fresh! We both got the baked haddock. Only gripe was that the haddocks were supposed to have crab meat stuffing. We really enjoyed our meal and with the place being so busy, we decided to give them a pass and not make a stink about it.
0218222043.jpg

Thursday night we went out to a nice steak dinner, the first real sit down dinner in probably six months. We figured Thursday was a safe bet for not being crowded since most folks probably already went to dinner Monday (Valentines day). Food and service were both great but dang it's gotten expensive.

Thursday night we went out to a nice steak dinner, the first real sit down dinner in probably six months. We figured Thursday was a safe bet for not being crowded since most folks probably already went to dinner Monday (Valentines day). Food and service were both great but dang it's gotten expensive.
The price of beef is nuts, now!

Here's the thing, cattle people aren't the ones upping the huge price increase. 😠 I'm kinda boycotting the high priced cuts. I've discovered top blade cuts, and it's only $6/lb. Most Americans don't care for this cut since it's full of connective tissues, but the meat is very tender and including the CT. It's also a very good tasting cut! I just cook it on the grill or in a pan like a normal steak.

I just got done eating staples in my sandwich 🥪

Back