Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the ingrediant list and price if a bag you are not missing anything. 😆
Just imagine grinding the them into powder and looking at that and thinking about what that cost ya for that tiny bit of food.

So I’m posting part of this in price rant post too(lol). On vacation this week. Eating free hotel breakfast this week. Mmmm

IMG_9266.jpeg

So I’m posting part of this in price rant post too(lol). On vacation this week. Eating free hotel breakfast this week. Mmmm

View attachment 187242
Bacon is just the way I prefer them cooked. We were at a Best Western in Delaware, a couple of years ago, and I thought their free breakfast was pretty good.

There's an idear!

I know next time I'll just buy one of those tin foil pans. One less thing to clean.

Turned out pretty darned good 😋
View attachment 187233

Decided to try a new bbq sauce. Not bad.
View attachment 187234

Looks like it turned out good. I've had some fast ones before. But, I'm betting your oven isn't actually 250. And don't keep cooking until the fat is gone. Fat is flavor. Lol. I smoke butts with the external fat cap up. Self basting as it smokes. After letting it rest, pour the juices into one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Gri...a1gFiAfrQhJWCIuCY_XWnQro3a4aAm1zEALw_wcB&th=1

Pull the bone and remove the fat chunks by hand. Then shred it. In the cheap aluminum pans I get at the Dollar Tree. Then pour some of the juices back in the pan along with some of the rub. It's worth it. You know you're doing something right when people request it. Lol.

That Bachan's is good stuff. Try the spicy. It's not really but, thicker, and better suited for what you just did. The original actually makes a fantastic fried rice. Uncle Roger would have a seizure. As if I care what that fraud thinks. Lol. Not kidding. Use the original instead of soy sauce. Fantastic!

Looks like it turned out good. I've had some fast ones before. But, I'm betting your oven isn't actually 250. And don't keep cooking until the fat is gone. Fat is flavor. Lol. I smoke butts with the external fat cap up. Self basting as it smokes. After letting it rest, pour the juices into one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Gri...a1gFiAfrQhJWCIuCY_XWnQro3a4aAm1zEALw_wcB&th=1

Pull the bone and remove the fat chunks by hand. Then shred it. In the cheap aluminum pans I get at the Dollar Tree. Then pour some of the juices back in the pan along with some of the rub. It's worth it. You know you're doing something right when people request it. Lol.

That Bachan's is good stuff. Try the spicy. It's not really but, thicker, and better suited for what you just did. The original actually makes a fantastic fried rice. Uncle Roger would have a seizure. As if I care what that fraud thinks. Lol. Not kidding. Use the original instead of soy sauce. Fantastic!
Yeah, there was plenty of fat left. I think that is why it cooked so fast. The pan was nearly full of liquid so it boiled the roast. I have a boatload of the juice in a container in the fridge. Removing the fat the old fashioned way 😉 I'll probably end up freezing some of it for other things like tacos.

I didn't see the spicy Bachan's. Will see if I can find it at another store. This stuff wasn't bad, but I make a spicy asian bbq sauce that I like a lot better. I'll be doing some Birria tacos with the juice tomorrow.
birria-tacos-1.jpg

Yeah, there was plenty of fat left. I think that is why it cooked so fast. The pan was nearly full of liquid so it boiled the roast. I have a boatload of the juice in a container in the fridge. Removing the fat the old fashioned way 😉 I'll probably end up freezing some of it for other things like tacos.

I didn't see the spicy Bachan's. Will see if I can find it at another store. This stuff wasn't bad, but I make a spicy asian bbq sauce that I like a lot better. I'll be doing some Birria tacos with the juice tomorrow.
View attachment 187245

I forgot. You probably covered it too. Usually it isn't wrapped in foil or covered in a pan until it hits the stall. Then steam it to get past that. The birria tacos is a great idea. Love them.

My local Walmart carries the first three. Haven't tried the green one. Would like to try the purple Miso one. Bet it would be good in a Ramen.

https://www.amazon.com/Bachans-Japa...5&psc=1&mcid=a54f7bfa3dd830f7b3e724c2694bae81

I forgot. You probably covered it too. Usually it isn't wrapped in foil or covered in a pan until it hits the stall. Then steam it to get past that. The birria tacos is a great idea. Love them.

My local Walmart carries the first three. Haven't tried the green one. Would like to try the purple Miso one. Bet it would be good in a Ramen.

https://www.amazon.com/Bachans-Japa...5&psc=1&mcid=a54f7bfa3dd830f7b3e724c2694bae81
So should I not have covered it? Everywhere I saw recipes said to cover it.

I just looked and my Walmart has all 4 of those plus a sweet honey flavor.

So should I not have covered it? Everywhere I saw recipes said to cover it.

I just looked and my Walmart has all 4 of those plus a sweet honey flavor.
You can, it just changes the cooking time apparently. I was just trying to talk my dad through this last weekend. He did the same thing instead of a ham for Easter. Woke up at 3AM to pee. Checked on it. It was falling apart. Screwed up his plans for serving time. Lol.

I'm used to smoking them. Just covered in a rub and thrown on a rack. No wrapping with foil or putting them into a pan until they hit the stall. Never tried it in an oven. But the same method should apply. Guess not.

Edit: Now I gotta look for this honey one.

Back