Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big, fresh, crunchy, sweet, seedless watermelon.
1000005781.jpg
1000005782.jpg

Special K for breakfast
Normal lunch
Another special K for dinner. With pizza garlic bread.

Stayed home from school cause if I did went, I would be running off of 2 hours of sleep and that would not work out properly.

Just a couple cheddar bacon hamburgers I get from a local butcher. Worth the splurge. No pics because I thought I had buns. Nope. Green and fuzzy. Lol. Regular bread. Oh well, tasted great. Lol.

All this flan talk and finding out they sell flans at the grocery store I thought I'd try one of the premade varieties. They had a FAMILY sized one.
Screenshot_20240403_100207.jpg

Ya gotta read the fine print 😅
20240403_095640.jpg

It's like a pudding mix with a bag of premade caramel topping 😝

Last edited:
Having lunch right now, at work, with last night's chicken thigh stew. Tastes even better, today!
It looked really good.

I ordered some of those Walmart brand nutty buddies. Not bad. I do prefer the real thing by a smidge, but these will do fine in a pinch. They're more for Breydon anyway, so I'll get his take on them next time he's here.

So I bought an 8lb pork shoulder. Gotta cook it in the oven since we can't have grills here. Never done one like this before. I got a rub mixed up and I'm gonna let it soak in overnight. It's supposed to be colder than a witches tit tomorrow, so it will be a good day to use the oven. What time and temp should I use? Google is all over the place with answers. So far I am finding about 275° for 8-10 hours, covered with foil. Does that sound right? I do have a temp probe I can leave in the oven. Just gotta find the damn thing.

So I bought an 8lb pork shoulder. Gotta cook it in the oven since we can't have grills here. Never done one like this before. I got a rub mixed up and I'm gonna let it soak in overnight. It's supposed to be colder than a witches tit tomorrow, so it will be a good day to use the oven. What time and temp should I use? Google is all over the place with answers. So far I am finding about 275° for 8-10 hours, covered with foil. Does that sound right? I do have a temp probe I can leave in the oven. Just gotta find the damn thing.
I've never done a pork shoulder in the oven, so no experience. When I do pork in the oven, I usually bake uncovered initially, then cover for the bulk of the cooking.

Back