What to do with this old Losi

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrgoodwrench35

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I have this older Losi XXX Sct 2wd that I used to race. I don't track race anymore and this has been collecting dust for years and I wanted some advice on what to do with it.

It has a Novak havoc pro 2s esc and several ballistic motors. I don't even have any 2s batteries anymore. Everything I have runs 3s or better.

The chassis is in pretty good shape other than a damaged front body mount. The zip ties held up through 2 seasons of racing though so maybe I should say modified, not damaged.

Anyone have any interest in this truck or the electronics?

20221003_081233.jpg

Nice truck you got there. I'm strapped on cash but @Greywolf74 loves Losis.

I'm just not a big fan of 2wd stuff anymore. Anyone have anything they would want to trade for the truck or electronics? I was about to rob the servo for my wifes senton. Thats why it got pulled out of storage. Then I found one I forgot about and used that instead. I also have a limited amount of assorted spare parts.

Should I have put this in the classified section? I didn't originally because I'd rather trade it to someone that would actually use it for something I'd actually use.

I considered putting some 6s electronics on it and sending it off my big ramp till its dead but that seems like a waste of a good truck. Sounds like fun though.

I do loves me some Losi kits but I'm afraid that one is too much of a relic. parts arent readily available. Might make a good shelf queen but I wouldnt run it anymore.

I do loves me some Losi kits but I'm afraid that one is too much of a relic. parts arent readily available. Might make a good shelf queen but I wouldnt run it anymore.
There is actually still quite the selection of parts available for the XXX SCT.

There is actually still quite the selection of parts available for the XXX SCT.
Really? Thats shocking. That kit was discontinued about a decade ago. It must have been more popular than I originally thought if theres still parts readily available for it.

Still, I dont know that I have much use for it. SCTs arent so much my thing although I do own a couple. I have no use for the ESC/Motors. Does it have a body? I wouldnt be interested in buying it but what are you looking for in trade?

Hey Mrgood. You've held onto it all these years. Might work as a 'first run' truck for friends and family that visit and have never driven an RC before.

Years ago, had a ST package similar to that. Roller chassis I didn't have a use for. Ended up fixing a flat aluminum plate to the body posts and used it as a mobile quad landing platform. Yeah, know that doesn't make much sense. But it was interesting to do and kept an otherwise languishing chassis active.

Were it me, I'd put it back on the shelf and think on it for a while. That Novak Ballistic package is probably still serviceable. Limited to 2S, of course, but good in its day. One of my ST's on the back yard grass track oval ran 10+ year old Ballistics last year and did o.k.

'AC'

Hey Mrgood. You've held onto it all these years. Might work as a 'first run' truck for friends and family that visit and have never driven an RC before.
I have a 2wd stampede just for that reason
Does it have a body? I wouldnt be interested in buying it but what are you looking for in trade?
The one and only thing my Lab chewed up as a puppy was the body to that truck. It was the Rockstar energy body. Slash bodies match up though.

As for trading, I'm open to suggestions. I know it's not worth much. I'm quickly running out of room for cars though. My RC shelf was taken over by 1/5 & 1/7 scale stuff.

I had a trade worked out with him and before we could complete it he suddenly disappeared from the forum. Havent seen him since. I honestly hope hes OK
it says on his profile he was last seen in December 13, 2022

it says on his profile he was last seen in December 13, 2022
Well he hasnt posted since Oct 13 last year and he stopped replying to my IMs about the trade on that same day. I mean if he changed his mind then fine, just wish he'd have said something 🤷‍♂️