what to do with this nice brushless system?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
OK Guy's, I'm going to throw you in the mix and let you decide what you want me to build next. I just bought a mamba 6900 brushless system because I've been wanting on and came up on a good deal. I was thinking about using the ESC for my scaler project and not using the motor, but this is a really nice system and I don't want to waste it on a project that will mostly be for show. I'm looking for a 1/10 scale off road project for it, preferably a truck that I could play around with on the track. I have an Associate T4 with a sidewinder system, so I want something at least a lil different from that, which rules out the Losi XXX-T. I really wish I could find a roller of one of the new Losi desert trucks. I'm thinking about the firestorm, and I've looked into some conversions, one of which is the associated RC10GT. Throw some ideas at me. I would consider a biggy or conversion, but a truck would do better on the terrain that I have.

I think you should give it away to a really good guy. Someone who's name is, I don't know, Coby?

1/10 4WD buggy like an AE B44 , Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 SP or the Tamiya Ican'trememberwhatitscalled.

e revo conversion =]

This setup won't work for a big rig like the revo, maxx or Savage, if it would I would use it in my Savage conversion. Novak makes an HV system that will handle 14.4 volts and maybe 16.8 volts, which you would need for a truck that size. This will have to be something smaller.

The HV system handles 16.8 volts, what about one of those desert racing types, like the traxxas Slash

Last edited:
Actually I was strongly considering the traxxas slash. I've been looking around to see if I could find a roller version of the losi desert truck. I'm also considering this one, but it's a lil more than I wanted to spend.http://www.thundertechracing.com/desertracer.htm

i doubt you'll find a roller for either the slash or desert truck. they are still to new...i dont even think the slash is released yet. if your going for scale looks the TT is the closest thing to the real deal, followed by the slash.

i havent done my reading on the losi truck, but the people of the traxxas site were saying the slash will run around 220 bucks. to me, thats not a bad deal.

nope not a bad deal at all, and the losi is priced about the same. Those two are at the top of my list. I'm not really looking for scale as much as just something to have one with. I have a scaler project in the works for scale correctivity, man what a wonderful new word.

thanks coby, keep em coming! Your ideas are really helpful as well as the links.

I say put it in a Stampede! If I had the cash for another brushless system thats what I would do.

Since I've already got a couple of Rustlers, I might put it in one of them and see what happens. It would be a good RC to keep on hand for when people come to race at the track but tear up there truck the night before when we've been planning the race for weeks.

If you don't really care about the price, you can buy a roller 1/8 nitro buggy. You can probably also get a Novak conversion, but all you'll pretty much need to do is mount the engine mount to the chassis and find a place to put the battery pack and ESC.

Well I was considering a buggy conversion, but this setup is really more suited to 10th scale than 8th scale. I will eventually do a 1/8 NTB conversion, but with a better setup more suited for 8th scale.

You can also make a custom RC. You know, cut a chassis, dog bones, A-Arms, etc. Best use of old parts not needed.

I have Ofna Jammin' CRT pro that is a roller that takes up space......I had thought of making it brushless. I have the Mamba Maxx 7700 in a RC10T4 with Maxx Amps 8000Mah 7.4... It is rather silly. Too much power to be practical. Can't race it....hell can't get traction. Doughnuts and wheelies? Oh yes....we have those though!

Since I've already got a couple of Rustlers, I might put it in one of them and see what happens. It would be a good RC to keep on hand for when people come to race at the track but tear up there truck the night before when we've been planning the race for weeks.

I wonder who your referring to? It would be bad if you had to come back on here and tell everyone how I beat you with your own truck LOL

lmao you're exactly right bout that one, and that's funny.

Back