What to do with the new purchase!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou123008

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
Hey guys, just picked up a Hoonitruck and I’m in debates because I would love to keep it all in the original packaging for another 30+ years but the kid in me is telling me to open it and send it!

If anyone knows about this truck, I don’t know if it’s worth keeping now that Ken Block is no longer driving for Ford, or if I should try and resist the urge in hopes that years down the road it will gain value.

Wondering what you guys think!!

8DAAF9F1-1495-4A21-B3AE-B7D2B736DC56.jpeg

I guess the only resonable answer is your gonna have to buy another. 😁😂🤣

Nice looking truck. Good luck finding your right answer.

Find me one shoot I’ll bash it like Ken Block didn’t might even crash it heck Ken Block would love that

Personally I would break it open and give it a go. But that's because I only buy things I intend to use. I'm not a fan of collectibles for collectibles sake. There are better places to invest your money if your looking for returns. Owning stuff you don't get to enjoy isn't fun. Let her rip!

I SAID SCREW IT!! Such a sick drift truck. Thanks for all the support 🤙🏼
Rip it up. Or buy a different body to throw on it for bashing. The body will be what is worth the most more than likely.
I like your thinking! I’m new to the RC world and that’s what I needed to hear. I should have done that with my BigFoot truck

I SAID SCREW IT!! Such a sick drift truck. Thanks for all the support 🤙🏼

I like your thinking! I’m new to the RC world and that’s what I needed to hear. I should have done that with my BigFoot truck
My kiddo just got a Traxxas Grave Digger that looks like a brand new truck. His mom found it at an auction. Since it has been discontinued for quite some time, the bodies for it are being listed on ebay for over $500 LOL. Here he is driving it. I told him we'd eventually buy him a different body to bash with before we hop it up. Oh, and welcome to RCT!

Last edited:
My kiddo just got a Traxxas Grave Digger that looks like a brand new truck. His mom found it at an auction. Since it has been discontinued for quite some time, the bodies for it are being listed on ebay for over $500 LOL. Here he is driving it. I told him we'd eventually buy him a different body to bash with before we hop it up. Oh, and welcome to RCT!
I just picked up a Traxxas Grave Digger, Skully, and Craniac for a really good deal ($250 for all 3 trucks, and the Grave Digger is the only one that needed anything, and all that needed was the rear brace/skid plate thing), for an 11 year old for his birthday, and then let him loose with all 3 on our homemade ramps in the yard. I'm not one to just let them sit.
Hey guys, just picked up a Hoonitruck and I’m in debates because I would love to keep it all in the original packaging for another 30+ years but the kid in me is telling me to open it and send it!

If anyone knows about this truck, I don’t know if it’s worth keeping now that Ken Block is no longer driving for Ford, or if I should try and resist the urge in hopes that years down the road it will gain value.

View attachment 151301
Dont ask my GF what to do with it. She flipped it pretty much right out of the box. Like she says, i didnt spend all that money to let it be a shelf queen. I dont think she has ever had any RC that didnt get at least one scratch before the first battery was dead. And, i wont list the multiple bodies i have unintentionally destroyed on brand new cars, due to my crappy, and albeit, crazy, driving.

Last edited:
Damn! I’m going to have to jump on my Bigfoot replacement body, or a new one completely and keep it long term. My brother in law had given me his powerwheels bigfoot from ‘78 and I’ve been rebuilding it and adding so many accessories for the daughter. So it will be nice to have that at least fresh in a box for the long haul to go with this powerwheels

7CD8A2B4-C862-40FA-864E-E1F695A2CF5D.jpeg

Personally I would break it open and give it a go. But that's because I only buy things I intend to use. I'm not a fan of collectibles for collectibles sake. There are better places to invest your money if your looking for returns. Owning stuff you don't get to enjoy isn't fun. Let her rip!
That’s just it! I buy to use also but over the years seeing some poop I’ve used gain value... BUT over night collectibles can be worthless so fiddlesticks collecting poop and enjoyed!
Appreciate the feed back

Last edited:

View attachment 151301
Welcome to the forum. That's a sweet drift truck. I would definitely get a basher body for it. And keep that body the way it is

Damn! I’m going to have to jump on my Bigfoot replacement body, or a new one completely and keep it long term. My brother in law had given me his powerwheels bigfoot from ‘78 and I’ve been rebuilding it and adding so many accessories for the daughter. So it will be nice to have that at least fresh in a box for the long haul to go with this powerwheels

View attachment 151306

That’s just it! I buy to use also but over the years seeing some poop I’ve used gain value... BUT over night collectibles can be worthless so fiddlesticks collecting poop and enjoyed!
Appreciate the feed back
Thats such a cool power wheels. Should throw some beast servos. And a 500-800kv motor and a sprocket on the rear wheels and mod it into a RC 😉👍👍

Thats such a cool power wheels. Should throw some beast servos. And a 500-800kv motor and a sprocket on the rear wheels and mod it into a RC 😉👍👍
I love your suggestions! Time to do some investigating

I love your suggestions! Time to do some investigating
Oh man it could work for sure. Wouldn't really need to much. I love figuring sh*t out. And building something different....

View attachment 151301
For many years I collected all kinds of stuff RC to Japanese swords. And never touch or use them. I'm 44 now and say what's the point? Might as well enjoy it. You can't take it to the grave. But then you might say we'll I will leave it for my kids. Well what if your kids have no real interest in it. It will not hold they same value to them. I know a guy who inherited a coin collection his father had. He sold it dirt cheap for some quick money. You could spend the time with your kids driving it around. Memories are way worth more.
And if you don't have kids. I'm willing to bet 30 years from now you won't be able to sell it for what you think. I have Star Wars figures from the 70s and not many people want them. Kids today don't play with toys like we did. They are more into video games. So when their adults they don't care about a rare brown vest Luke Skywalker. I say use it. To many people watch storage wars and American Pickers and think they will get rich. Just an opinion.

For many years I collected all kinds of stuff RC to Japanese swords. And never touch or use them. I'm 44 now and say what's the point? Might as well enjoy it. You can't take it to the grave. But then you might say we'll I will leave it for my kids. Well what if your kids have no real interest in it. It will not hold they same value to them. I know a guy who inherited a coin collection his father had. He sold it dirt cheap for some quick money. You could spend the time with your kids driving it around. Memories are way worth more.
And if you don't have kids. I'm willing to bet 30 years from now you won't be able to sell it for what you think. I have Star Wars figures from the 70s and not many people want them. Kids today don't play with toys like we did. They are more into video games. So when their adults they don't care about a rare brown vest Luke Skywalker. I say use it. To many people watch storage wars and American Pickers and think they will get rich. Just an opinion.
No point in havin' it if you aint usin' it! :)

I have a traxxas slash 4x4 monster energy special edition. I do run it with a different body for bashing and keep the original body for a shelf queen. I would run the drift truck and use another body and keep the original one for a shelf queen.

20210314_150115.jpg

I have a traxxas slash 4x4 monster energy special edition. I do run it with a different body for bashing and keep the original body for a shelf queen. I would run the drift truck and use another body and keep the original one for a shelf queen.

View attachment 151781
That's a sweet body for sure. I wouldn't want to ruin it either. I always buy second bodies. For RC's that have a nice clean body. Especially for special limited addition bodies. You don't want to destroy... I had to pick up another body for my Ram. Since I can't bring my self to destroy the stock Mega body. It's to nice.
16622996982291660890682507723491.jpg

Back