What Temp is your motor running at ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've had well nothing but Dynamite motors I feel that these are naturaly HOT running motors I have Plenty of smoke all through the power range kinda tappers off when at Full throttle. Temps of my mach .26's both of them run at say 270 280. But I used dynamite Blue Thunder Sport fuel. Now my Platinum, .28 runs at presently 210 still in the Breakin 1/2 gallon starting to tune but it seem's she does'nt want to take a tune yet...high rpms dont sound too good.. Running O'donnels race 20% running 20% in the mach .26 .Was running 30% in my other mach .26.......Also looking for someone local to look at my .28 just to help me get it right I'm from Petaluma California like mabey FastEddie if your interrested.....

When I was breaking in my OS VZ-R and TZ.12, they'd both run around 275-280. They've loosened up quite a bit, so they now run at around 235-250.

As long as you're getting a good trail of blue smoke, you should be alright. Some motors just like to run hotter than others.

How come I have trail of white smoke not blue? Is it alright? I run around 100-130 celcius on Savage.

It'll look white, but it's a very light blue. As long as you see it, you're alright. I'm not too sure what 100-130C is in F....?

The temp is 212-266 in Fahrenheit. Thanks you. Sorry Savagecre to jump in your tread.

And remember that every engine runs at a different temp. ie:traxxas 3.3 engines run cooler than outer engines.

My M26SS in my aftershock liked to run around 250-260. It ran best at that point. When I'd try to tune it cooler, it would be all blubbery and stall out frequently. But it ran very solid at 250F. Good throttle response through the entire RPM range, decent idle, relatively easy to start. I've run it a few hours straight at 250F and it ran really well.

I was using trinity MHP 20% nitro/12% oil.

Now with my LRP 28 Spec 3 in the AS, I only have about 3/4 gallon through it and I have a difficult time keeping the temps above 200F. It wants to run around 190. Its still rich, but I didn't want to rush and tune it for performance until I had closer to a gallon through it. I did get it up to 210 by the end of the day. I'm running byrons 25% nitro/11% oil in it. The manual suggest 25%.

Last edited: