What temp guage do you all own?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokedsalmonkid

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
we'll i finally got round to installing my rb tm323 and i'm really thinking maybe this time i should get a temp guage...is the on board one traxxas do any good? what temp guages do you lot use any reccomendations? i have no idea where to even look for these my lhs doesn't carry any type 'on board' or 'gun' :confused:

I have a Craftsman that is made by and identical to Raytek except for the color. I also have an Atomic that I keep on one of those retractable cords so it's always on me. Used to have one of the ones from Temp Gun.com but someone needed it more than it did. Uhhhh, this is 2K for me.

Duratrax Flashpoint. Something like $25.00 or so. Except for maybe a case of condoms, about the best $25.00 you can spend!

Monkey Wrench said:
Duratrax Flashpoint. Something like $25.00 or so. Except for maybe a case of condoms, about the best $25.00 you can spend!

same one. thanks monkey.

raytek,.. only one I've used but i like it

I dont really recommend an onboard myself and I have the duratrax flashpoint it has been pretty acurate so far.

i got the 'HPI Racing Temp Gun' today meh ....my lhs had the 'raytek' which if I'm honest i would have preferred but it was like £95 and that is way over my budget so i got the little hpi unit £24 it seems to work quite well very user friendly and tiny enough to just pop in your pockect. used it whilst breaking in my new tm323 was brilliant detected some high running temps something i would have normally just been oblivious to and carried on....weather stopped play though so back out there tomorrow.

anyone used this gun before or know anything about it?

Last edited:
you may want to test it, by boiling water on the stove..check your altitude to see what temp the water will boil at & take a reading ....if the gauge is 10* off you can make the mental adjustment when reading your engine for the true reading

flashpoint. works great. $25

p22600216fq.jpg

Last edited:
OFNA PCR and Radio Shack.

Back