What Should i Buy...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentHunterKellen

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This summer I plan on working:contract: in the pineapple fields:yes:, there I will pick pineapples-Way Harder Than It Sounds:stick:-And by the end i should be up 1Grand Plus Some:w00t:...I'm doing some research on what to buy. I was hoping you guys could help me out!

Here are my choices: An Off-Road Monster Truck, New Engines-Or Replacement engine for the Off-Road MT, A 1/8 Buggy, A 1/4 Truck(a little bit Expansive:hehe: ), Many Many Many Many Many Many Hop-Ups For my Rusty,Or anything you guys can throw at me. this is what a I have in terms of parts- 6-cell battery and charger, Glo igniter, fast-fill fueler, 1gallon of nitro, all wrenches(hex) and Screwdrivers neccessary, and A offroad track and a Newly paved road.

Any comments will be looked into. Right now i have my eye on these specific trucks/buggies-HPI Savage .21, T-Maxx, Terra Crusher, AE Monster GT(VERY NICE), XTM X-Terminator, Thunder Tigers EK4 Something, Something,-The MT that comes with the .70 engine! Truck name hard to remember. And thats about it. If I Get the savage, ill probably end up getting the Hyper 7or8 port I've heard so much about.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I really Apprecieate it!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Get a nitro tc3...they own

or for off-road, get a t-maxx they also own

I personally will never buy HPI EVER again...dun like...nope nope nope

A grand might sound like a lot but it doesn't go to far when your getting and maintaining high-end equipment. Get a catalog and a calculator and add it up. you might want to spend half and save half for repairs during the not quite so pineapple season.

I here Christian has a lot of experience with pineapples, You may want to PM him for some pointers. I hear it can be rewarding.:bow:

Last edited:
No, i have money saved up, I'm working for that start on a GREAT and i mean GREAT kit. The saved up money (half grand) will be used for repairs. The grand will go along way for me. I'm a conservative driver. When i race its a different story though!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Also, More options: Mad Force (KYOSHO) or, Sport Maxx-Is it worth it? It might be cheaper to get the sport and upgrade it to T Specs right?
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Hows this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3127552919&category=19168
Looks Cool!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

you have way to many ideas LOL,what do you want to do, race bashe, on raod off road, jump etc that will help us

Just get the Monster GT and tell us all how it is. :) When it finally comes that is.. Heehhe I know my RC10GT is an all-out machine, I wanna know about that new monster :D

It's all in what "you" want. Not what everyone else wants. Do a little research about all your ideas and see which seems to be the one you want most.

And just for your convience, don't go to a T-maxx website and ask about an HPI. They'll most likely give you information that shoves the HPI down and puts the T-Maxx up. Or the Duratrax over a T-maxx, ect.. I think you get the point. The best idea in my opinion is check them all out. This website has some very insightful information on all the models available with the hupups you can get :) And don't stop there. Go to many websites and look around. Specially websites that sell RC's. They'll have all the info laid out for you, that they want you to hear. And then after you've made your decision on what you think would be good, come back here and ask someone who has that model, and see what their opinion is on it. :)

Anyone have that link to that one website where you can compare two cars side by side? I forget it already...
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I don't remember it either. I found it when I was looking for my RC10GT :D Someone should be able to tell you heh.

Can't help with the link, but I have both a T-Maxx and a Savage. I love my Maxx, but I think the Savage will end up stealing the show. Both are great bashers and pretty damn good racers (from what I have been told...I'm a basher).

For the money, had I to do it all again...I would buy the Savage over the T-Maxx hands down.

Precisely! Thanks...wow Savage 21 over T-Maxx? Cool...i trust Sky. But the AE Monster GT takes the cake. I'm still wondering how the engine in that thing is...I prefer bashing but...this will probably be my Race Truck. Rusty is for bashing. But A MT is a great basher, dont get me wrong. Any Ideas are welcome!
[move]-Kellen[/move]