what is the best 1/8 nitro truck for jumping

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parry

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys I'm looking to buy a nitro truck for jumping one that can stand hard drops (busicly just a tough truck) i already have a 1/10 but it isnt strong enough i was think t maxx?????? any sugestions :D

well i would have to say the strongest truck that i have is a savage
i have had this since new and have broken about 25 bucks in parts
2 uprights and a diff case

yea thats another good idea thanks! but what savage is it and are the savage 4.6 x ss and the xl the same size they both look very similar I've never seen a x ss in real life only my uncles xl?

Highly recommend the savage also. The savage truck has changed very little. Different style TVPs, different motor, different shocks, but the design has stayed pretty much unchanged. Great truck.

so xl or x 4.6? i dont mind personaly i think the xl looks mean and nasty in a good way and i would think the would survive tough jumps?

I would get the XL over the new x due to the upgrades that come with the XL. A neighbor of mine just got the x and it has no aluminum tuned pipe(it has a plastic one), the XL comes with a hump pack versus 4 aa's, and the XL is longer so it handles better. As far as the 5.9 goes it does have a bad rap but mine has been good to me after I got it fixed from hpi. So when my 5.9 does decide to fail on me, I'll be getting something more powerful.:D

Do you want it to just survive a crash, or do you want it to land on the wheels and still survive.

If the later, go for a LST XXL. With the reformulated arm plastics, it takes abuse as well as a Savage, and will out handle one as well.

yea the xxl is a good one and it will be tough between the savage xl and a losi xxl ... it comes down to these 2 questions what are the prices and what one is faster? thanks fo the help so for guys :D

thanks thats the lowest price savage i have found yet and i know tower hobbies is a good site so i will buy a xl very soon and with the radio gear its abit of a loss with the savage but you only need the dx3s for racing so for me i really dont mind and thanks to all who gave me some tips and options :D

also i have just seen a thunder tiger s50 sledge hammer they look like a strong truck and they also look fast does anyone know anything about them?

The issues with the Losi is the chassis supports breaking. They do handle well though. I am a fan of the Savage, I have three of them. Tough as nails.

yea definatley a tough truck but i have heard stories that the engine is not the best... speed wise and quality?

The 4.6 is a decent engine, but the 5.9 is kind of iffy in the Savage.

Get the Savage,order from Tower and save even more! How? Join the super savers club for $9.99,then wait a few days or so and they will send you some special savings codes. One of the codes is for $60 off of a $300 or more order and free shipping. Saves you an additional $50 :yes:

Disclaimer: It has been a couple of years since I was in the club so hopefully it is still the same. You may want to ask around before trying this to make sure it will still work. :D

It should still work the way you describe.

yea i went on the other day and because I'm in australia the shipping was $207 and the total price was $740 i think the auctual savage is at a good price just the shipping is alot but i will keep looking around if they are any cheaper anywere else

Back