what is a great buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude, get over it, the point here is that your comments on the ultra mbx were wrong, don't take it so hard on your self, everybody makes mistakes.

Iam going to bump this to the top.
the reason behind this is becouse i whould like to here from other members.If they see my point of veiw.please read the hole thread.so you can form your own oppinion on my awnswers to the mbx. And what mx125 had to say to me.

come on buggy guys don't be shy i want to know right wrong or indifferent.
just say it.

u waNT a great buggi 2 bash and sum speed and very cheap Ofna 1/8 Ultra MBX Pro very fun thers a new 1 but i like this 1 better i i have both i get no problems besides the small tank but u cn buy that 4 cheap and a local hobby shop o0o yea this buggie gets real off of a small dirt jump and goes farr very farr!!

Zandor started his post with "ill throw in my two cents", that means what he thinks. so why can't he say that he thinks there more like 1/10 than 1/8?
he did however say the mbx series is small when he should have said ultra series. although even then i knew what he meant.
below i posted the ulra mbx r2, and two moderately priced buggies that reflect the standard for 1/8 buggy dimensions. i could have posted more but would rather not fill the thread with windows.

mx125 said:
hey zandor, u need to check the your numbers before you post them, the ultra mbx, lx pro, lx comp are just as big as any other 1/8 buggy.
the links in this post prove that statment to be false. very false. if you compare the ultra mbx pro, to the hyper 7 pcr
mbx/ hyper 7
length :380 / 498
with :198 / 310
wheel base :260 / 327
the pcr has a 31% bigger length, 56% bigger wheel base, and a 25% bigger wheel base. even the smallest difference is 25%. thats like standing a 6' guy next to some one 7.5 ' tall. it quite a difference.

mx125 said:
dude, get over it, the point here is that your comments on the ultra mbx were wrong, don't take it so hard on your self, everybody makes mistakes.
thats good advice. seem as though you should follow it.

[inwindow=300]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAXV3&P=0[/inwindow]
[inwindow=300]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGPN8&P=0[/inwindow]
[inwindow=300]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEFJ3**&P=0[/inwindow]

yup gonna have to vote with Zandor on this one. the mbx is just a well built 1/10 scale buggy. still fun, but no true 1/8. scale is measured in size not equipment!

Personnally I think they were being a couple of pussies. It really wasn't something worth getting that worked up about.

I have to go with zandor on this one too. it is not a true 1/10 scale, but its definatly smaller than a 1/8 scale.

guys, i was nerver upset, all i am trying to say is that the mbx is not that smaller than the other 1/8's, my cousin just got the mayhem and it is not even 1/2" longer than than my lx pro, (from the front bumper to the end of the wing), the width was the same around 12.2", the wheelbase was 3/16's bigger that the lx pro,the weight on the mayhem was 7.6lbs and the lx pro was 7.4lbs, I also have a mbx r-2 plus and just got a hot bodies lightning, the difference between the ofna buggies and the hot bodies isn't much, but anyways guys, the only reason why i said that he was giving the wrong info was, because there is a lot of new members in this website and alot of them are not educated like you guys are, and will be easy to get the wrong idea about things, there is a big difference between a 1/10 and a 1/8 scale buggy.

sorry! but i wasn't trying to start any problems here.

p.s.
go to another website and look at the specs on the ofna mbx, they are different than the specs @ tower hobbies.

Hey Dimmu of bodem,

I would also look into the PRP Swift, it's great buggy for the price and it comes with a MX-3 FM radio system. There are alot parts you can use from the MBX-5. I use to have one as a back-up buggy to my Kanai 3. There's a couple of things you can change on it, to make it a good club racing buggy. The replacement parts are also real cheap.

I have also seen them sell for $375 shipped on Ebay brand new.

i was a little late to the thread...but better than never.

go x-terminator. no other car in its price range imo can beat it in terms of durability , quality, awesomeness (is that a word?) of engine, and costomer support. xtm rules

I second that, and awsomeness defietely should be a word and it should show a pic of an x-terminator in the dictionary lol.

Under $400? I vote for the GS Storm RTR. Lots of hop ups you gan get from the GS, or the aftermarket. If it were me I would save a little more $ for a Hyper 7 PBS. Just my $0.02

my lx pro

2730RC_093.jpg

2730RC_086.jpg

2730RC_094.jpg

2730RC_089.jpg

2730RC_092.jpg

Here is two great buggys

1st is my pcr /W ws711 lid BY IMBROKEN

4169buggy2_good-med.jpg

second buggy is my ofna lx pro w/.21 ofna race mill

4169lxpro-med.jpg

where can i get the spring for the fuel tank?

Man I hate to say this being so new to the hobby but I bought an Ofna ultra lx comp. and had it 2 weeks and it satrted falling apart servo stripped the first day, went through 3 fuel tanks, a left cva arm, and the fine thread metric screws suck and the thicker shock towers that they try to sell you on. DDDDDDon't fall for it there just softer hope this buggy's not like the ultra lx comp......

Zandor ,
That is a mighty nice looking 8 port race mill!! How does she run with it? Looks right at home.

Jon

XTM X-Terminator Delux! Very tough! Very durable! Excellent customer service! Go to hobbypeople.net click on the regular buggy then click to the forum. I looked at several before I bought mine and I think its great!

Ill throw my 2 cents in about the ofna mbx series.there not realy an 1/8 scale
But more like a 1/10 scale look at the spec...be your own judge

SPECS: VEHICLE:
Length: 14.9" (380mm)
Width: 7.7" (198mm)
Height: n/a per Ofna
- Weight:
Wheelbase: 10" (260mm)

And here is the specs. on the pbs. witch is the standered 1/8 scale buggy specs.

SPECS: Vehicle-
Length: 19.6" (498mm)
Width: 13.8" (310mm)
Height: 7.3" (185mm)
Weight: 7.7 lbs (3500g)(approx.)
Wheelbase: 12.9" (327mm)
I have a ofna Ultra MBX R2
The chassis is 16 1/8 inches long. if I measure from the rear wing to the front of the bumper it's 19+ inches long.
The chassis at its widest point is about 8 inches, wheel to wheel outer edge is about 12 inch wide.
My wheelbase center of hub to hub is 12 3/4th but if I measure between the lower A arms its around 10ish inches.

Your specs are wrong. Maybe manufactures measure differently (Demensional vs total). One measures the actual specs of the car without adding in the wing and hub to hub wheelbase.
OH here i correct my self. i own the ultra lx pro not the mbx pro.And i did say
IMO! that they were more like a 1/10 scale.they do say there 1/8 but this is once again IMO..

And mx do some home work buddy.all the mbx searies are all about the same size.

so prove me wrong. We are talking about the MBX ofna buggys here..
I'll prove you wrong.
Ofna Ultra MBX R2
DSCN6437.JPG
DSCN6439.JPG

Last edited:
Back