What is a good shock for my nitro rustler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valkyrierider

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a nitro rustler 2.5 that I bought used. I had an old nitro rustler with a pro .15. I made one truck out of 2 (and also have a lot of spare parts now...nice). Anyway, I have been getting into more dirt track racing and my stock shocks are shot. What is a good shock for this truck? There are so many different brands out there. Also, would anyone have an idea on what shock oil I should start with to begin tuning? I put a pull start on the truck to lighten it up, so I am going to try some lighter spring rates. I've been trying to find some progressive spring rate springs for my truck too, if anyone knows where to find them.
Thanks,
Curt

Traxxas Big Bores are a proven shock, you can get them on ebay for about $40.

I thought about trying those. I also saw that pro-line had a shock with dual spring rate and threaded preload adjustment. It says that they fit the slash. I'm not sure if that would fit my rustler. any ideas on that?

I'd still go with the big bore ones. I'm about to order a set for my Rustler this weekend. I have a set of aluminum ones on it now, but one of them keeps breaking, so I'm just gonna try another set.

Got any pics or your Rustler rig? Would love to see it. My Rustler's my baby.

The prolines bolt right up. They're very nice and tough as nails. The big bores are nice as well.

Thanks for the advice. I will post some pics when I get the new suspension and rpm shock towers on.

I have the Traxxas big bores on one of my Rustys and I have Dynamite Aluminum shocks on the other. No complaints about either one. Dynamite was a tad cheaper but I feel like the Traxxas ones are a tad better quality.

Back