What happens when an engine dies?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sAvageXl

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys, I'm sure there are many of you out there that have had an engine die so I was looking for some tips and help,

I would like to know what happens when an engine decides to kick the bucket, as my cy 26cc is very old and has had no maintenance done to it so I'm not sure how much longer itll last. (does seem to go alright though). Anyway, I was wondering whether a tired engine just dies and rolls to a stop when it finally decides to give up, or whether it completely blows up. Amd those that have had an engine blow up, Id like to know what happens, IE whether engine goes flying everywhere, how loud it is, or whether it just rolls to a stop as well. I'm just a bit paranoid so would like to know what an engine dying sounds and looks like. Thanks

A trx 3.3 may blow up if the conrod breaks. In reality they usually start and run for a minute or so. Once warmed all the ones I had just stalled out one the piston and sleeve warm up.

If your full throttle it is possible for it to go boom, I never had or heard of them doing that.

A trx 3.3 may blow up if the conrod breaks. In reality they usually start and run for a minute or so. Once warmed all the ones I had just stalled out one the piston and sleeve warm up.

If your full throttle it is possible for it to go boom, I never had or heard of them doing that.
THanks for that, I have a nitro savage xl so that is useful information. However I was mainly after what happens when a gas engine dies. Is it a similar kind of story with them? Do you have any experience with them at all? Any information on them as well would be good

THanks for that, I have a nitro savage xl so that is useful information. However I was mainly after what happens when a gas engine dies. Is it a similar kind of story with them? Do you have any experience with them at all? Any information on them as well would be good

If they are at high Rev ,an the rod bearing blows out ,they will lock up an send a needle bearing up into the piston
causing the engine to seize ,or throw the engine off ignition timing ,however ,it is possible for to snap a rod ,I don't think
the engine will grenade or literally blow up in pieces!..😂
If the top end is worn out ,like rings of the piston an has lack of compression it will be hard to start ,if the piston ring
groove is scared an ring is not expanding due to lack of oil or running the tune too lean the engine will simply just
die like you turn the kill switch to off or ran it out of gas an it doesn't have no compression an won't start at all!..👍😎

For gas engine look on youtube. Garage 54 russia and nuetral drop come to mind. People even chain the motor up and use the engine to power the car to yank said motor out.

If they are at high Rev ,an the rod bearing blows out ,they will lock up an send a needle bearing up into the piston
causing the engine to seize ,or throw the engine off ignition timing ,however ,it is possible for to snap a rod ,I don't think
the engine will grenade or literally blow up in pieces!..😂
If the top end is worn out ,like rings of the piston an has lack of compression it will be hard to start ,if the piston ring
groove is scared an ring is not expanding due to lack of oil or running the tune too lean the engine will simply just
die like you turn the kill switch to off or ran it out of gas an it doesn't have no compression an won't start at all!..👍😎
Thanks for that thats super helpful. That will definitely give me more confidence :)

Thanks for that thats super helpful. That will definitely give me more confidence :)

It is hard to kill a gas 2 stroke engine ,as long as it doesn't get dirt sucked through the carb ,an it doesn't sit
for a very long time with gas in it ,make sure that you take the muffler off every now & then an check to make
sure there is no carbon built up in the exhaust port ,some time that area will build up with carbon an choke
off performance or can break off an fall down in the cylinder an scar up the cylinder or piston ,this usually
happens with can style mufflers though!..:thumbs-up::cool: