What fuel does everyone run and like?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfzracer450

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hello. I was just wandering what fuel and nitro % everyone uses? I have a nitro rustler with maybe a gallon of fuel through it maybe a little more. I broke it in on traxxas 33% fuel and was going to just keep it on that but I ended up deciding to switch to 20% because I was told it would be easier to tune. The problem is I had already bought a gallon of 33% 🤦‍♂️🤣 so right now I am mixing 20%/33% at 50/50 and it's running fabulous. What is the oil content on traxxas? I only run like 2 or 3 tanks then k put it up for the day and it's ran like 4 times a week because I am gone for work. I hear ppl say tune by sound and not really by temp but it's running at about 250 and I live in Florida where it's like 95 out every day. Is traxxas fuel ok to stay on when I'm done with what I have or should I switch?

VP 30/9 for drag racing.

Byron's 25/12 for bashing (I had a large stock before they stopped making it).

I have some 20%, (its pink in colour!) its all I could get delivered here, I have never used anything greater than 5% previously. My engine an Irvine .20 seems to kick back when turning over, but runs very well (scary well) on the bench turning a prop.
It has been suggested that I lower the compression ratio using suffer some cylinder head spacers but given that it runs I'm going to give it a blast and see how it copes.

Back