What fuel are you guys running in your buggies (ONLY)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I notice alot of the people running buggies at the local tracks use mostly O' Deonell(SP?) fuel is this just a quinkydink or is O' Donell best for 1/8 buggies. I've been running Blue Thunder I'm both my MAXX and Savage i think its a good fuel but is O' Donell a better choice?

I use Byron's race fuel 20% in my ws711.For that matter i have ran it in all my mills for the last 6 or so years and have not had any problems.

i just talked to a top racer at our track and he told me he runs heli fuel???i use odonnel and mugen 20%

I use Trinity Monster horsepower 30%.

sidewinder 30% worlds blend. personally i dont like and wont use o'donnell or blue thunder. if i couldn't use sidewinder id run either byrons or try that new white lightning stuff. but thats just me. ;)

yes I'm also curious why dont you like o'donnell or BT

I've heard bad things about byron's. Personally I've had the best luck with o'donnel so far. The white lightning stuff is supoosed to be good though.

Brandon

untchbl said:
I've heard bad things about byron's. Personally I've had the best luck with o'donnel so far. The white lightning stuff is supoosed to be good though.

Brandon

what bad have you herd about byron's.Is it all here say or have you experineced this your self. if its your brothers girl friends sister in laws husband.told his brother that told his cousen.Then that don't count

all hear say. Just that temps where a bit higher then with trinity or odon, and that it appeared to more inconsistent then most. No personal expirence, and their won't be either.

Brandon

ok then cool...

because i have been running byrons race fuel for years with no problems.

And thats a fact

Cool, everyone has different expirences I guess. I had asked a local hobby shop owner why he threw it out.

Any rocket science users?

Brandon

I run Blue Thunder 20% in all my engines (buggy and MT alike). They run with lower temps and seem to be quite happy with it.

I use to run Magnum R/C car made in Denver CO for Rat Raceway and we ran 30 or 40% I now run odonnel 30% in NY because of the elavation. No joke the Magnum 30% would drop temps 20-30 deg. on any other nitro but I can't see the S/H to use it in NY.

Cosmo 20% here in Okinawa Japan! Not a bad fuel, just damn expensive!

Woody

I run O'Donnel 20%, and sometimes Trinity Platnum 20% if the LHS is out of O'donnel. I would use 30%, but the VZB has more than enough power with the 20 on the tight track I run on.

after using o'donnell for just a short time i noticed it gummed up really bad. i know how to preserve and take care of my fuel.

i dont like the way blue thunder tunes even though its supposedly designed to be easier. it may have been old or bad fuel but i can't say because it wasn't mine. since then I've not been able to talk myself in to buying any.

the nicest thing i can say about sidewinder is that they say not to use after-run oil and with good reason. i dont even drain the tank between weekly races. i pull the tank out while doing my weekly cleaning/maintenance and top it off when i get to the track. never any tuning/running issues at all even when it hasn't been cared for in the best way.

Back