what fail safe should i buy ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asg

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys i want to get a fail safe what is the best one to buy? ..or what do i need to look for when buying a fail safe? ??
thanxs

they all do the same thing it comes down to how much you want to spend
ofna failsafes are relitivley cheap and pretty small so you can locate them somewhere out of the way

I've used the Venom Micro Fail Safe (VEN-0620) on a number of my nitro trucks and never had a problem with them. Also doesn't hurt to use a return spring.

-Michael

oh AMEN on the return spring ! first thing i do to ANY nitro rig is fit a nice strong return spring. saves a LOT of agro

I have used Futaba, Venom, and Ofna Micro fail safes, and never had a problem with any of them. I also believe in using a return sring in addition to the fail safe.

Ofna ,Venom and Dynamite here, all were fine. I still have 1 Venom and 1 Ofna in use plus I have a used Ofna for sale if you're interested. $12 shipped if you're CON-USA.

thnxs i would buy it from you but I'm in the uk...whats a return spring?

asg, a return spring, is a spring that is hooked from carb slide to the chassis in such a way as to pull the carb hard shut if you lose signal, like an electronic fail safe only a mechanical version.

As to getting a failsafe, if you go to 2.4ghz (spektrum, futaba fasst etc) you prolly wouldn't need one. I have 2.4ghz on a revo and a thunder tiger eb4 S2, NEITHER of them have a failsafe and NEITHER have suffered signal loss or interference since switching over from 27MHz AM to 2.4ghz.

BTW asg, where you at ??

The OFNA ones are very small, too. So, if space is a concern, that's what I use.

I dont know what your budget is, but I got a couple of these off ebay, (link below) and so far so good! They arrived 10 days after placing the order, as they're sent from HongKong.. But ya can't beat the price! :) I dipped both ends of the "microchip" in liquid tape, (It's got a clear heatshrink cover, but it's open on both ends) to make it moisture resistant.. Turned out sweet and works like a charm..
Inexpensive failsafe

I have to admit, I still love my Ofna Micro failsafe. I do however like the built in failsafe on the Spektrum Unit. I about to FINALLY upgrade to a 3PK-S from a M8 FM. Just waiting on my neighbor. He has one but he likes the feel of my M8... To be fair, I am putting cash on top of the trade since he didn't know any better.

Regardless, all of my rides I owned had both the TRS and Failsafe. Its not worth the hassle of losing control of your ride due to a signal loss. Be safe and smart..use both.

hey thunder tiger eb4 I'm based in middlesex in hounslow wt about u?

based in north london, Edmonton. not a million miles away !!

I have Ofna failsafes and the are great. Never a problem at all. Jon, I have a 3PKS too and I have to admit as much as I like Futaba the failsafe built-in in the 2.4 is garbage. So like you said...TRS and external failsafe is the only way to go!

yeh thats not too far do you go to local races?

what local races ?? i dont even know of any tracks, let alone races....

ooh rite soz i was hoping you knew of sum sorry

Back