What electric 1/10 scale truck is the best

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limpinsmigle

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hello everyone I'm Travis and I've been wanting to buy a new 1/10 electric rc car/truck. I have had my attention on the slash and am thinking about saving for the brushless one that comes out in december. So i just wanted to hear everyone elses opinion on what i should get.

Durability - Slash
Full out racer - SC10
A turd on wheels - Strike (My opinion)
Durability and Racer - Blitz

That's how I look at the 2WD trucks. As for the 4WD one, it does look cool, but the price will be higher. I enjoy the 2WD aspect. It's more drier skill to me; that, and more friends own these. I may pick up a 4WD eventually though!

Durability - Slash
Full out racer - SC10
A turd on wheels - Strike (My opinion)
Durability and Racer - Blitz

That's how I look at the 2WD trucks. As for the 4WD one, it does look cool, but the price will be higher. I enjoy the 2WD aspect. It's more drier skill to me; that, and more friends own these. I may pick up a 4WD eventually though!

yeah i wish the price wasn't so high on it but I'm sure it will be well worth it. i agree with you on the 2wd driving. It is more fun to drive 2wd

hello everyone I'm Travis and I've been wanting to buy a new 1/10 electric rc car/truck. I have had my attention on the slash and am thinking about saving for the brushless one that comes out in december. So i just wanted to hear everyone elses opinion on what i should get.

What are you looking at doing in the Tricities area bashing,racing outdoor,racing indoor?If racing what class?

I personally love my Slash for spec racing :thumbup1: but if you want to race mod you probably want to get a SC10 or a Blitz they have a lower CG and were designed to be raced (the luxury of not being the first Sc trucks) and not a basher like the Slash. Just my two cents :D

What are you looking at doing in the Tricities area bashing,racing outdoor,racing indoor?If racing what class?

well I'm mostly going to be bashing and racing on my short course track at home. i think sometime i gotta go out to benton city and see there two tracks they have too.

well I'm mostly going to be bashing and racing on my short course track at home. i think sometime i gotta go out to benton city and see there two tracks they have too.

You should totally go for the Slash.
If you get into more racing start off with the slash and mabey get a sc10 for track only use later on.

maybe wait a bit more for the 4wd slash.. IMO...it would be better for all around bashing

SLASH for bashing,SC10 for racing-Had a Losi Strike and totalled the diff so I sold it to a friend as a roller/spare parts for his.The HPI Blitz is not yet available here in Australia yet but I will be having a close look at it to see how it compares with my Slash and SC10.As a matter of interest the short course trucks have really started a revival in r/c here.The local club ordered 9 or 10 SC10's and now race them on a regular basis-stick with 2 wheel drive-you actually have to DRIVE the vehicle!
IN THE GARAGE=
SLASH-3500 vxl b/l combo
SC10- 3500 vxl b/l combo
SC10-EZRUN 4300 kv motor & 60amp esc
Factory b/l E-REVO
Converted E-REVO- Hobbywing 150amp esc & 2100kv b/l motor
Savage Flux
VXL Rustler
Losi Desert Truck
Old model E-MAXX
other stuff!

I have been doing a lot of looking due to Christmas coming and we will be adding two of them to the house. I got to look a Bitz over real well at my LHS the other day and i believe that is the direction we will be going. We will be primarily racing on a future home track and at local tracks.

i dont think you can pick the "best" truck. everyone has their own style and opinion. i tend to lean towards the blitz, while others will argue the sc10 or slash is the best. just gotts try them all out i guess

Get a 2wd slash and hook it up on traxxas VXL system!!! its so much funer to drive than the 4x4 slash.... wheelies on demand can bash on it and have no proplem (except braking bulkheads) but i replaced mine with aluminum and have had no proplems sence

sounds like this Q was asked *before* the Slash 4X4 came out last xmas...

Back