What did you print today??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been wanting to build a 3rd car just so I could iron all the bugs out of the files before I post them, so here is all the printed parts for another 1/10 drag build..
20220912_183858.jpg

So I have been pondering doing a 1/24 2wd buggy.. Started on that today , pretty much have a good starting point for the front suspension..
20220914_191656.jpg

Day 2 prototyping my 1/24 2wd buggy.. Shocks are scx 24 pieces, R tires are Mini-z Buggy pieces..Only things left to do are the steering , and Transmission.. The steering will be a 'monocrank' style set up, the transmission will be a scratch built endevour..
1-24 buggy CAD.png
20220916_111702.jpg

Looked on thingiverse for some parts to repair my Blackfoot from the 80’s…couldn’t find what I was looking for…the front shock tower. Anybody print anything like this? Or I can just order a new one 🤷🏼‍♂️ Thanks in advance
F05E3C71-A6B4-41F3-BE4E-872322B9D5FB.jpeg
D63B76C7-14DE-44A9-9B0A-79F99D733E46.jpeg

Looked on thingiverse for some parts to repair my Blackfoot from the 80’s…couldn’t find what I was looking for…the front shock tower. Anybody print anything like this? Or I can just order a new one 🤷🏼‍♂️ Thanks in advance
Never had a Blackfoot. That's that brittle Tamiya plastic for ya. If you could get some pictures looking directly at the part, I may be able to design it for you. It would help if you could make a drawing as well with as many dimensions as you can get.

Never had a Blackfoot. That's that brittle Tamiya plastic for ya. If you could get some pictures looking directly at the part, I may be able to design it for you. It would help if you could make a drawing as well with as many dimensions as you can get.
The bad landing on front end was what did that & that was when I stopped the hobby way back in 87 😂 I have a printer but no design software. I will see about sketching it out with pix….for now I just used some instant adhesive 🤷🏼‍♂️
Thank you 👊🏻

The bad landing on front end was what did that & that was when I stopped the hobby way back in 87 😂 I have a printer but no design software. I will see about sketching it out with pix….for now I just used some instant adhesive 🤷🏼‍♂️
Thank you 👊🏻
Go download Fusion 360. It is free for personal use.
https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/personal-form

Then on YT, check out this guy in the link below. He has phenominal tutorials for it. You'll be modeling in no time 😉
https://youtube.com/user/cadcamstuff

My pup so far. Added a wire harness, some chains, cones, and printed dayton spider insert. Gonna make scale leaf springs for it.

View attachment 152954

View attachment 152955
Wait a goshdarn minute. What the heck is this? What scale is this? And what did it start out as? Those wheels are cool man.

You can't just come in and and drop a pic of something that cool with out an explanation!
Screen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-6.53.04-AM.png

Oh, that explains it. And you said pup, which didn't click for some reason 🤪

I spent some time this week re designing the wheels and getting the transmission internals properly toleranced for gear mesh. all the internals except for the top shaft gear are printed. Top shaft gear is a PN 8t delrin mini-z pinion.Now that I am happy with the transmission my plan is to combine the trans housing and the R toe block like the trans housing on the traxxas bandit/rustler/slash transmission housing.. As you can see the game plan is to use the 050 size motor from the SCX 24.. Prototype stub axles are printed , but the game plan is to remanufacture some aluminum 4mm cap screws into dog bone style stub axles. A quick minute on the lathe to drill the cap portion out, then slot them on the mill for dogbone drive pins. Planning on making the dogbones out of aluminum initialy..
20220924_210241.jpg

Love seeing this progress. 😍
LOL , the transmission took more time to get to the point I was happy with it than the rest of the buggy .. Not even exaggerating.. LOL dialing in gear mesh can be a bit of a trial and error process, as the million transmission halves prove,LOL
20220925_103316.jpg

I understand how that goes, used to scratch build models, and getting complex shapes was always trial and error.

Back