What did you get for Christmas this year?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Surprised I didn't see a thread for showing off the Christmas swag.

I got a new stock body for my ERBE, a tmaxx 3.3 body for my savage flux, t-bone rear skid/wheelie bar for my savage flux and a full set of trenchers for my ERBE.

I only installed the tires/wheels so far.

I had t-maxx 3.3 tires, but they were very out of balance... brand new and awful balance:
2017-1224-ERBE-TMaxx3.3Tires-Side-BodyOn01.jpg

Standard trencher 40's, I didn't care for the overly wide trencher x tires:
2017-1224-ERBE-ProLineTrenchers-Side-BodyOff.jpg

2017-1224-ERBE-ProLineTrenchers-Front-BodyOn.jpg

Comparison shots:
2017-1224-TraxxasTMaxx3.3-Proline%203.8%20Trenchers01.jpg

2017-1224-TraxxasTMaxx3.3-Proline%203.8%20Trenchers02.jpg

Not sure if I'm going to have to gear down a bit or not to avoid overheating. It was too cold to run here the entire week I've been off, so kind of bummed about that. 10F or less is too cold for my taste. Just would have busted stuff. We did get a bit of snow finally and I think it's supposed to get up to mid-20's next weekend, so perhaps I try the new tires then. I really like them so far on my savage flux. Adds more cushion for the landings and gets good grip on dirt, gravel and pavement. They appear to be wearing well so far.

Looks like you made out pretty good @olds97_lss.

Santa didn't bring me any RC gear this year. :(

Nothing RC related, I haven't touched an RC in over two years. Got a new comforter, some other stuff for the house, lots of little stuff including souvenirs from my parents trip to Alaska, and some cash that I took and bought an upright freezer and a lightly used Nordictrack treadmill from a relative. Got back into running about a month ago as an additional part of my workout routine, so I hope the treadmill will get used more than the rollers I bought for the bike. LOL

I bought some cryptocurrency over the holidays - does that count? :D

No rc stuff, benchmade 556 mini griptilian, my 19th guiness book of world record (gotten one for my birthday or Christmas every year since 2000), a southern cookbook, and random little things. Oh and a bunch of shirts.

Back